View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isabella

20 38.46%
  • Anastasia

32 61.54%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Which you prefer? Isabella or Anastasia?

Hi all!!

I'am undecided which I love the most.

Isabella nn Bella or Anastasia nn Ana?

Thanks in advance :-)

" Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift " ~ Mary Oliver

My name is Vasiliki but I prefer Bellerose . A lover of dark names , trying to be something in her life .

Persephone " Seph " ~ Hades ~ Prometheus .

Some people will say that Isabella is too popular, but I think it's a lovely name. I can also help you make gorgeous combos with it. Anastasia reminds me of the Russian dead princess. Which isn't a good thing.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I love Anastasia. Much more interesting than Isabella, and no Twilight or top 10 association.

Isabella, Isabella, Isabella! Sure, it's got the Twilight connection, which many would roll their eyes at, but it's also got several ties to Jane Austen, and its meaning is lovely, and Bella is just adorable. I don't care how popular it gets--I still love Bella! I'm probably biased because Isabelle nn Bella is my top choice for a girl. Anastasia I would have not minded, before 50 Shades of Gray (Grey?) came out, and ugh, I am just so put off by the books to seriously consider it ever again. I've never read the books, but the whole premise sounds just nausea-inducingly dumb, and I've heard that the writing/plot wasn't even that good. I don't really see the appeal, and now I think I'll forever associate Anastasia (and the nn Ana) with that. Before the trilogy came out, though, I never saw the appeal in Anastasia--it was too frilly and the only nn I really liked (the Russian Nastia) wouldn't really work here. I still like many other Anna/Ana names more. I just love Isabella. It's beautiful, and it always will be, despite the popularity.

I like Anastasia better, only if you're pronouncing the final syllables as Asia, not ah-zee-uh.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid