Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Atticus

Atticus

I've always liked the name Atticus. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books and I love the character Atticus Finch and think it would make a great namesake. But I've always thought it was a little "much" for a real person so I always passed it off and put it in the "potential dog name" category. Lately its been on my mind again though. So what do you think? Do you like Atticus? Do you think it's too much for a person? I've never actually met anyone named Atticus so maybe that's why I think that.

Thanks in advance.

I love that you mentioned it is a potential dog name...when I was breeding Springer Spaniels we had a litter of four that we named Atticus, Scout, Jem and Radley!

But I actually don't think it's too much for a real person. I think I kind of love it, to be honest. And you're right, Atticus Finch is a great namesake. People have named their kids Jem and Scout...I think it's about time we started seeing Atticus, too. I think there is actually a little boy on a TV show whose name IRL is Atticus. It reminds me of a Greek God. I think it would be a great name

I'm not a big fan personally, but Atticus has gotten significantly more popular in recent years. It's up to #410. So I feel like that must mean that people are definitely finding it usable.

It's totally usable. I think it's great to name a child after a favourite character! And I agree, Atticus is a great namesake- noble, honourable, sticks to his guns. (haha, no pun intended!)
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I love love love Atticus!! I think it would definitely work on a person. It's one of my favorite boys' names right now.