Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I wouldn't worry about it. I do have issues with using names like Beethoven, Rover, Kitten (there was a Kitten on Nat Geo recently), or other famous pet names on humans (I extend this to Lassie, Milo, Otis, and Rex... although others can feel free to disagree). However, I've met dogs with my name before. Moreover, my sister has a dog named Paris, and I've got Parisa on my list... I don't think it's a big deal, as it's not a recognized "pet name". In other words, no one's going to meet a Lucy and immediately associate that name with a dog.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

My cousin in laws have a Lucy when we had our dog Lucy. No one even really mentioned it. We currently have an Addison ( male dog) and know several little girl Addisons. I think it's kind of cute.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

I think you should go ahead and use it. But I know what you mean. Our cousins' kids got a dog and named her Stella - knocking that right off our list, but mostly because they call her Stella Artois and I can't have a beer name on my kid. Funny, we're still considering Cleo - which my aunt named her cat. Oh, well! If you love Lucy (no pun intended), you should use it!

I think you are in the clear to use Lucy
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I tend to like dog names too. I have two daughters who have popular dog names: Molly and Lucy. I have a couple of friends who have dogs named Lucy but this didn't stop me from using it. Once my daughter Molly met a dog who shared her name. She was four years old at the time and she was really happy about it. She isn't that crazy about dogs but she liked this one. I don't think it's a big deal.