Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: name advice

name advice

I have two children, my daughter, Genevieve Avalon, and my son, Lochlin Emmeric. My husband and I loved the name Calliope Grae (grey) for a girl however I feel Grey/Gray is becoming a very popular name. So I went searching and I LOVE the name Prim. However, I would prefer it as a middle name, I just am not sure I love the flow with Calliope. Calliope Prim. SO I have been looking for other names that fit our "style" and so we can use Prim. We love unique, different, some older names. I also love quirky kinda names. Like I love the name Reverie, but my hubs wasn't excited about it. He liked Esme Prim but I was not a fan of Esme. SO! Help ladies....oh did I mention we are not even sure what sex we are having and haven't even given a boys name much thought. So, if you also have any boy names you think would look great with our kiddo's names, please share!!! We love any input!!!

Primrose Grey "Prim" would be a lovely option.

Gray/Grey is popular for a mn-- but since Calliope is more unusual, I think it's fine to have a more popular mn and Calliope Grae/Grey works well as a combination. But, if you are looking for something different, what about Faye or Rain instead? Calliope Faye or Calliope Rain both work well. I also think Prudence Grae or Temperance Grae work well. While I don't mind Prim as a nn for Primrose, I don't really care for Prim as a mn-- it seems too strident-- what about Plum instead? Calliope Plum, Cordelia Plum, Callista Plum, Cassandra Plum, etc.

Some other possibilities:

Genevieve, Lochlin, and

Aminta/Araminta
    Aspasia
    Clementine
    Cressida
    Dorothea (for some reason, I do like Dorothea Prim! plus good nns-- Dot, Dorrie, Thea, etc.)
    Eleanor
    Felicity
    Frederica
    Isadora
    Josephine
    Lavinia
    Lucinda/Luciana
    Marjorie
    Octavia
    Pamela
    Priscilla
    Rosamund
    Sybilla
    Tabitha
    Theodora/Theodosia
    Veronica
    Victorine
    Winifred
    Xanthe

Amaury
    Anselm
    Frederick
    David
    Desmond
    Douglas
    Eamon
    Edmund
    Gilbert
    Howard
    Julius
    Matthias
    Montgomery
    Nigel
    Phillip
    Rannulf
    Ramsey
    Robert
    Roderick
    Roland
    Rufus
    Stanley
    Thaddeus
    Tobias
    Victor
    Wulfric

I think davisellu gave you some pretty good suggestions! But I just wanted you to be aware...with the popularity of The Hunger Game, Prim is probably going to skyrocket very soon (if it hasn't begun to already) and probably moreso than Grey. So if you're concerned with trendiness I would avoid Prim.

What about Callum for a boy?

I like Calliope Gray. You could also do Calliope Jay and call her CJ.