Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I love sharing a name with my cousin! It has given us a reason to become so close over the years. Especially now, as mothers with children of our own, we're so glad that our parents didn't care so much about our 'name exclusivity' - it facilitated our special relationship

Thank you all for your responses! Sorry for the delayed reply my new family of 6 is pretty hectic lol
    You all are right I shouldnt be selfish about this beautiful family name and if Rosie and her cousin so happen to have the same name its something they can share. I think I am just more upset at the actual cousin (shes young, juvenile, always craves the attention) than the stealing of the name. But my husband and I both agree to not let this phase us and to just go with the flow (and hope for a boy).

Thank you all again
    Grace

Thank you all for your responses! Sorry for the delayed reply my new family of 6 is pretty hectic lol
    You all are right I shouldnt be selfish about this beautiful family name and if Rosie and her cousin so happen to have the same name its something they can share. I think I am just more upset at the actual cousin (shes young, juvenile, always craves the attention) than the stealing of the name. But my husband and I both agree to not let this phase us and to just go with the flow (and hope for a boy).

Thank you all again
    Grace

I can sympathize in the sense that if I'm being honest it would bug me a bit. I let my cousins and 2nd cousins know early on that I wanted to use our great grandmothers name of India. It makes sense in our family for me to use it because I'm the one of my generation that is most interested in our family history. In addition to my older daughter being named India, all my kids have family names on my side. Before anyone feels sorry for my husband, just an FYI that he didn't want to use any family names on his side, it was just important to him that me and the kids shared his last name. All that being said, I still don't think I can claim it as mine. If one of my cousins used it, that is their right. After all, we all share the same great grandmother. I think this is different than if a close friend had used India knowing it was a family name I would be using.

I also noted that you waited until your fourth daughter to use the name (which admittedly you weren't even planning to use as a first name). Your husband's cousin wants to use it as a first name for her first daughter. It seems this name is important to her. I'm sorry but I think she does have a right to use it. If you share your concerns with your family, be prepared that many may think you are the one being unreasonable (like on this site... And we are only hearing it from your perspective). I also took her comment that you are using up all the good names to mean that she would consider your other daughters names to be off limits. But not the grandmothers. Gotta say, I agree with the cousin. Also, I think it can be cute for cousins to share a name.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be harsh. I really would be a little disappointed but would ultimately understand this is a family name that could be shared by all. Reading between the lines it seems this cousin might be a bit of a pain in the butt and that might (understandably) be clouding your feelings on the matter. I also would expect my friends to tell it like it is and remind me this may not be worth creating family drama over.

Good luck! And great job naming all your daughters!
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

Sorry, I didn't see your response above when I posted. That will teach me not to read all the pages before posting!!
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"