Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I got rid of Chesley, Clairwyn, Elisyn, Taitlyn, Chandley, Chancely, Raewyn, and Chanly because they are too similar to Chaselyn. I got rid of Harper and Piper because they are too similar to the boys. I got rid of Rommley, Cainlee, Presley, and Maddox just because I really don't like them, and don't think they add substantially to your list. I'm not a fan of your alternate spellings...it seems to be "trying" a little too hard. If you're set on these spellings, then I think Teaghan, Tessalee, Coralee, Paisley, Landry, and Coralyn are strong bets (I actually don't like the -lyn spelling but I imagine you are probably trying to find a name that will match her sister).

Here's how I would "redo" a couple of your names:
    Finley Brooke Shelton--I just think Finley is kind of a weak name. There are stronger options here. I say cut it.
    Coralee Brooke Shelton "Cora"--This is nice
    Emmersyn Hadley Shelton--I would change it to Emmerson. It will still have the feminine ending with Chaselyn, but stand on it's own as well. Like Parker and Tanner--both names work independently, but also happen to have a shared ending.
    Emmarie Dawn Shelton (I like because my grandma was Marie)--Again, I would use the traditional Emory.
    Teaghan Hadley Shelton--This one is fine; I do prefer Tegan.
    Kyralee Ruth Shelton--I think the spelling Kiralee is less confusing. Again, you probably want the y to share with Chaselyn, but I don't think it's necessary.
    Tessalee Brooke Shelton "Tessa"--I actually really just like the name Tessa, and don't think it needs a -lee at the end to be made special! Also, remember that once there is an actual child attached to a name, she might grow into a nickname that is completely different than what you initially planned.
    Coralyn Hadley Shelton--I prefer Coraline, but that might be pronounced as Cora-LEEN or Cora-LINE rather than Cora-LIN so I can see why you would want to keep the -lyn ending, plus it matches with Chaselyn.
    Tessamyn Ruby Shelton "Tessa"--Tessalyn is better, Tessamyn kind of hard to say--at least for me.
    Paisley Dawn Shelton--Paisley is nice, a safe choice.
    Blakely Dawn Shelton--I much prefer just prefer just plain old Blake, but that to me still sounds too masculine. I'm not a big fan of it, but it doesn't have any of the inherent problems that I think some of your other names do.
    Annistyn Ruby Shelton "Anni"--Would rather use Anniston. See my other comments regarding -yn endings. Spelled Anniston, this is actually one of my favorites for you.
    Landry Brooke Shelton--I like this one.
    Maylie Ruth Shelton--This is super cute. I like the spelling Mailee better.
    McLain Hadley Shelton "Lainey"--Why not just name her Lainey? McLain just isn't very pretty-sounding.
    Synclaire Hadley Shelton "Claire"--I can't decide if I really like this one, or really not. Either way, it should be spelled Sinclair. Of course, then it has "sin" in it which you might want to avoid.
    Annora Dawn Shelton "Annie"--This name is pretty, but it's not my style...and it doesn't seem to be yours either! Where did this come from? Anyways, I think it's a name that will age better than most others on your list, so it's a solid choice.
    Annalee Ruby Shelton "Anni"--Nice name, but I wouldn't pair it with Ruby for the middle. Notice I haven't really talked about your middles much...I actually like all of your middle choices, and notice that you've sort of mixed and matched them. I say shorten your firsts list a bit, and then work with middles after.

So best choices with spelling changes are Coralee, Tegan, Kiralee, Tessa, Coralyn, Anniston, Landry, Paisley, Mailee, Sinclair, Annora, and Annalee.
    Anniston, Tegan, Coralyn and Sinclair don't go well with Shelton, so I eliminated those. So we end up with (I chose the middles I thought flowed the best):

Kiralee/Coralee Dawn Shelton
    Tessa Ruth Shelton
    Landry Ruth Shelton
    Paisley Ruth Shelton
    Mailee Brooke Shelton
    Annora Dawn Shelton
    Annalee Dawn Shelton
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Parker, Tanner

Chaselyn, Blakely

I have a *totally* different naming style and find most of your name choices incredibly difficult to spell and a little too kree8tiv, but the ones below would be my picks:

Finley Brooke Shelton
    Coralee Brooke Shelton "Cora"
    Presley Brooke Shelton
    Paisley Dawn Shelton
    Blakely Dawn Shelton
    Landry Brooke Shelton
    Harper Hadley Shelton
    Piper Ruth Shelton
    Annora Dawn Shelton "Annie"

Some of the names on your list make me really angry. I tried to be diplomatic but seriously I really hate some of them.
    I grew up with brothers & in an environment of merciless teasing so my first instinct is to make fun of whatever I think they would make fun of.
    I'll put the names I think are reasonable in bold.

Cainley Dawn Shelton "Cain" - Not for a girl.
    Finley Brooke Shelton - Not sure why Finley in my head is a name for a puppy. I don't hate it though.
    Coralee Brooke Shelton "Cora" - Probably your best choice on this list. I think I prefer Coralie.
    Emmersyn Hadley Shelton - Emmerson. And this to me is a name for a boy - but other than that its not tooo bad.
    Emmarie Dawn Shelton (I like because my grandma was Marie) - I don't like smooshed names like Emmarie. Emma or Marie.
    Teaghan Hadley Shelton - I think just Tegan or if you must Teagan is fine, but the H just complicates the name. I think I prefer Tegan with one of your other middle names. Tegan Brooke?
    Kyralee Ruth Shelton - I don't like this at all. Too smoosh.
    Chesley Dawn (Brooke) Shelton - I first read this as Chelsey. Chesley is bad.
    Tessalee Brooke Shelton "Tessa" - Would be better if you just named her Tessa. Tessalee is no good.
    Clairwyn Ruby Shelton (this is my favorite, my husband says contrived) "Clair" - Yikes, I think I agree with your husband. I do like the welsh look of the name though.
    Coralyn Hadley Shelton - Not bad, I prefer Coralie Brooke.
    Rommley Dawn Shelton - Rommley. I'm starting to wonder if you're joking. I think of Romulans from Star Trek.
    Tessamyn Ruby Shelton "Tessa" - WORST NAME EVER. Tessamyn? Come on.
    Presley Brooke Shelton - This is very mannish as well.
    Taitley Dawn Shelton "Tait" - Tate makes me think Tit. Plus its too easy to rhyme.
    Paisley Dawn Shelton - This isn't terrible but it isn't nice either, imo. I just think of the paisley print fabric or old 70's wallpaper.
    Taitlyn Ruby Shelton "Tait" - See: Taitley Dawn.
    Chanley Dawn Shelton - NMS - I'm not big on Chan names (if you're going that route I prefer Chantelle).
    Blakely Dawn Shelton - Blake will forever be a boys name for me.
    Annistyn Ruby Shelton "Anni" - Anus-Town. Plus I don't like the Yooniqueue spelling.
    Landry Brooke Shelton - Landry? NMS.
    Maylie Ruth Shelton - Prefer Mazie. Maylie seems silly, I would just choose May/Mae/Miley or something else legitimate.
    Harper Hadley Shelton - I don't hate it but its kinda trendy. Think I would like it with a different middle better.
    Piper Ruth Shelton - Not too bad. Piper is kind of fun & playful & makes Ruth look a little boring & dusty next to it.
    McLain Hadley Shelton "Lainey" - I think I would like this for a boy, with nn Mac.
    Synclaire Hadley Shelton "Claire" - Just use Claire.
    Maddox Ruby Shelton "Maddi" - I HATE the nickname Maddi (and all other spelling variants), but otherwise I don't mind this.
    Ellisyn Ruby Shelton "Elli" - Allison is 1000 times better.
    Chancely Dawn Shelton "Chance" - Not a fan of the name OR the nickname.
    Annora Dawn Shelton "Annie" - I don't hate this but I don't love it either. It gives me the same vibe as Aurora.
    Rhaewyn Brooke Shelton - This looks made up. Again I like the Welsh look of the spelling.
    Chandley Brooke Shelton - See: Chanley Dawn
    Annalee Ruby Shelton "Anni" - Anally. Gross.

Sorry I know I was a little harsh, but I can't imagine what your poor kid would go through living with some of these names.
    New username is @ truenature

Your girl naming style is light years away from your boys. Your boys are fairly common and moderately traditional, but your girls almost aren't even names. Some of them are just silly. I don't want you to get offended, but please remember that you're naming a human being. And other people have to say and read this name. Chaselyn was pushing it...something like Tessamyn is just unbelievable.

Cainley Dawn Shelton "Cain" - Don't name a child Cain. Please.
    Finley Brooke Shelton - Cute. I like it for boys though.
    Coralee Brooke Shelton "Cora" - Not bad. I like it better than Coraline.
    Emmersyn Hadley Shelton - Why the "y"?
    Emmarie Dawn Shelton (I like because my grandma was Marie) - Emory or Emery. Emmarie looks cute for a baby but will look downright silly when she's 40.
    Teaghan Hadley Shelton - I don't like the 'H', it's unnecessary. Teagan or Tegan is much better
    Kyralee Ruth Shelton - Ew. It sounds like a cough.
    Chesley Dawn (Brooke) Shelton - Not terrible, but it doesn't work with Chaselyn
    Tessalee Brooke Shelton "Tessa" - God, no.
    Clairwyn Ruby Shelton (this is my favorite, my husband says contrived) "Clair" - This is where you start getting into silly, made up names. Nope
    Coralyn Hadley Shelton - No. Cora Lynn Hadley, okay. Coralyn is silly
    Rommley Dawn Shelton - What?
    Tessamyn Ruby Shelton "Tessa" - NO
    Presley Brooke Shelton - It's okay, but I think of it more as a boys name
    Taitley Dawn Shelton "Tait" - Taitley? TAITLEY? give it 10 years and she's got a very vulgar nickname referencing part of the female anatomy. Or taint.
    Paisley Dawn Shelton - Cute. I'm not over the moon about Paisley, simply because I lived through the paisley boho chic fad.
    Taitlyn Ruby Shelton "Tait" - Here we go with Taint again. Don't do that to her.
    Chanley Dawn Shelton - What is a Chanley?
    Blakely Dawn Shelton - Eh. That's the chick that invented Spanx.
    Annistyn Ruby Shelton "Anni" - Some atrocious nicknames could be borne from this as well.
    Landry Brooke Shelton - Not terrible. It reminds me too much of Laundry, though. Or the creepy chick from Final Destination
    Maylie Ruth Shelton - Sounds like a cat's name
    Harper Hadley Shelton - I wonder where you got this because it doesn't fit with any of your other names at all. It's nice though
    Piper Ruth Shelton - Cute again. Reminds me of Piper Perabo from Coyote Ugly
    McLain Hadley Shelton "Lainey" - Eh. Maclaine looks better, to me. I dont like the looks of Mc, reminds me of a surname
    Synclaire Hadley Shelton "Claire" - Sinclair(e) or bust. I don't like the trendy/trashy spelling
    Maddox Ruby Shelton "Maddi" - See I think this is adorable.
    Ellisyn Ruby Shelton "Elli" - Again, I don't like the spelling. Ellison/Ellason.
    Chancely Dawn Shelton "Chance" - NO
    Annora Dawn Shelton "Annie"- NO
    Rhaewyn Brooke Shelton - WHAT?!
    Chandley Brooke Shelton - NO
    Annalee Ruby Shelton "Anni" - I echo everyone else...anally
    Last edited by tarynamber; October 14th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.