Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to get to Rory?

I really like the nn Rory, and it is getting great reviews from my husband and family members. Only problem is my husband doesn't like name Aurora. I like it, don't love it, mainly because I worry about a child's ability to say the name.

What are some girls names other than Aurora that could use Rory as a nickname?

All of these have more literal nicknames, so it might feel like Rory is too much of a stretch for you. You could also consider something like Rose Irene (like a smoosh nickname?)
    Lorelei
    Adora
    Theodora
    Lauren
    Rosemary
    Dorothy
    Gloria
    Jordan

anything with the -or in there! Good luck!

I've heard of both Rora and Rorea, though both of these are quite similar to Aurora.
    Victoria, Valora and Rowan are also possible answers.
    Honestly, though, I'd suggest using Rory on its own. It's a fairly well-known Gaelic name that is intended as a stand-alone.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

My first thought was Lorelei, like from Gilmore Girls!!
    There's also:

Rosemary(or other Rose-names), Laura/en, and Rory on its own ( which I love! )
    Good luck !

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *