Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister for Wendy.

Hi everyone, I just joined the site after looking at the lists and forums for a while to help be gather some ideas. I'm pregnant with my second child, another little girl, in December and I've yet to find a name for her. My sweet 2.5 year old is called Wendy Caroline. (Caroline is after my very close and lovely friend)

The names that I am liking right now are:
    Elsa
    Josephine
    Alice
    Martha
    Lydia
    Frances (NN France)
    Evelyn
    Stella
    Julia
    Rosa (Rosalie? Or just Rosa? Or Rose?)
    Diana
    Agnes
    Edith
    Helena

These are the type of names I love, but some of these ones are getting a little popular around here, I've met multiple Elsa's, Josephine's, Alice and Evelyn's recently. I'm really loving Martha right now, I just think that it has the same feeling as Wendy, and I think it's beautiful. But I'm also loving Agnes & Helena for the same reason!

So I'd love some suggestions, and opinions on my list so far!

Oh, And her middle name will either be Beatrice, Florence or Wilhelmina. (All of them honor someone very important to me!)

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by smj_wen; October 13th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

From your list I like Helena, Agnes, Edith, Rosa, and Alice. Helena Florence, Agnes Wilhelmina/Florence, Edith Beatrice, Rosa Beatrice, and Alice Wilhelmina all sound beautiful. You might also like:

Elspeth
    Elodie
    Ethel
    Magdalen/Magdalena
    Sybil

I wish you luck finding a name!
    Hannah, 15. Teenberry, story writer, story reader, Gryffindor, human rights activist, and name nerd since 10.

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I love Alice with Wendy because they both have wonderful literary associations. Alice probably goes best with Wilhelmina as a mn. Martha is ok as a name but it's a little prim and proper compared to the sweet and spunky Wendy. I love Frances too and Elsa and Stella have a spunky vibe. However, Alice is still my fave.

Other Suggestions

Zara
    Clara
    Vera
    Molly
    Junia
    Sally
    Violet
    Eva
    Heidi
    Ruby
    Cleo
    Tess
    Lucy
    Ruth
    Gwen
    Faye
    Margot
    Iris
    Celia
    Jane
    Nina
    Ada
    Polly
    Flora
    Fern
    Holly
    Hazel
    Nell
    Fleur
    Kate
    Leah
    Bess
    Fiona
    All the best,
    Mischa.

logicpuzzler: thank you! I love all of your suggestions, especially Elspeth and Elodie! I like Elspeth a lot, the nickname Elsie is cute, it's the nickname I would use for Elsa if I named her that.

mischa: thank you! The literary associations are the reasons why I love Wendy and Alice so much! I do love the sound of 2 sisters called Wendy and Alice. I love most of your suggestions, they're all perfect. But I especially love Clara, Junia (I considered June for a while, Junia is lovely! I've never heard it before) Margot, Iris, Celia and Fiona. Thank you for all of those!

Suggestions: Melody, Melanie, Heidi, Brinna, Sidney, Julianne, Jillian-I love the name Wendy by the way. My cousin is named Wendy.