Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combining Middle Names

We have two, very common, family middle names: Marie and Lynn. Both of our mothers have the middle name Lynn, but the middle name Marie has been passed down for three generations (skipping my mother). What do you think about combining the two into Marielynn. Too long and awkward? Any suggestions on combining the two?

I think it's a little awkward. You could just use Marie for one daughter and Lynn for the other.

It does sounds a little awkward. Have you thought about using Marilyn? What about a hyphenated name like Marie-Lynn or Lynn-Marie?
    My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Stella Bridget, Emilia Ruby, Clara ?, Fiona Lily, Bridget Amelia, Lydia Charlotte, Eliza Phoebe, Tabitha ?

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Roman Isaiah, Joel ?, Liam Anthony, Dawson Cole, Leeland Gabriel, Greyson Jeremiah, Wesley ?, Quinn ?, Griffin Miles,

Marielynn sounds weird and made-up. I second the idea about using Marilyn, seems like the easiest solution.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

How about something a little less intuitive but still fitting, like Maren. I also like Marilyn, but I know many have mixed reactions to that name. So I think Maren (or Marin) would be a cute alternative. I guess you could always just use the names individually, but honestly I'm not a fan of using such common middle names, even if they are family related. I think it would be really cool to find a fresh way to incorporate both.
    ~Larissa

~ Giving up Nameberry for Lent; See you on the 14th of April! ~