Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Snow and Stars: Replacing Hespera

I need to replace a name on my list. After much back and forth and thoughts and conversations, we're letting Hespera go as a first name. I still very much want to use her as a middle, so I'm searching for a name that will work with Hespera (as none of the names I've already got works too well with her, in my opinion).

Hespera's snow, stars, throws, fairy lights, fires, cinnamon, hot chocolate, harps and joy.

I don't want names that begin with A, G, I, and T, and I'd like to avoid names beginning with C, E, M, O and P.

Our girl is named A p h r o d i t e. Possible brother and sister names are Casimir, Endymion, Galileo, Oberon, Orpehus and Théoden; Callisto, Isis, Morgana, Pandora and Tinúviel.

Thought number one is Vespera, this would obviously be instead of Hespera.

This is my list:
    Belladonna
    Elbereth
    Halcyon/Halcyone
    Juno
    Melian
    Orithyia
    Rivendell
    Sylvana
    Undómiel
    Utopia
    Venatrix
    Verdande
    Verticordia
    Vespertine
    Yavanna
    Zephyria
    Zephyrine

So which of these do you like, and do you have any suggestions for me (us)?

... and thanks for reading and keeping up with my craziness!!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I immediately fell in love with Belladonna, Elbereth, Yavanna, and Zephyrine. Vespera is also a lovely choice! Venatrix is also adorable, but I not so sure how well it works with Aphrodite. Here are my suggestions:
    Eurydice
    Hesperides
    Nephele
    Orthosie
    Cybele
    Eilina
    Deirdre

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by dramagrl19; October 13th, 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Vespera...

This is my list:
    Belladonna
    Elbereth
    Halcyon/Halcyone
    Juno
    Melian
    Orithyia
    Rivendell
    Sylvana
    Undómiel
    Utopia
    Venatrix
    Verdande
    Verticordia
    Vespertine
    Yavanna
    Zephyria
    Zephyrine
    Don't like Vespera, but LOVE Zephyrine!

What about Leontine, Fiammetta, Brunhilde, Romilly, Damaris, Bradamante, Gwenllian, Nimue...
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Hi Ottilie

Instead of Hespera I love Belladonna , Elbereth , Sylvana & Vespertine .

Some new suugestions ( sorry for any previous repits ) :

Catkin : (pronounced "KAHT-ken")
    Kore : Kore is a Greek name meaning "maiden." The goddess Kore is later known as Persephone when she is taken into the Underworld.
    Erigone. Another myth identifies Virgo as Erigone, the daughter of Icarius of Athens. She hung herself after the death of her father, and Dionysus placed them both in the night sky.
    Modestine
    Demeter/Ceres. Virgo is strongly associated with Kore/Persephone's mother, the goddess of the harvest. Demeter might be Greek for "barley," and Ceres means "to grow."
    Crescent
    Glimmer. One of the nicknames for this constellation is the "dark sign."
    Hilaeira
    Magdalene
    Virelai
    Fern
    Amalthea

I hope you like some

EDIT : I just saw that you want names not starting by some letters . Just delete the names with the letters you dont want
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Ooo, Vespera! Love! I've actually always wanted to suggest that for you, but since you were so in love with Hespera, it seemed kinda pointless. And Vespertine is gorgeous, too. I actually can't decide which one I like better.

But if you really want to use Hespera in the middle, then Vespera/Vespertine is obviously not an option. Out of your current list, I love Juno, Sylvana, Verdande, and Zephyrine and think they would pair very well with Hespera. Halcyon/Halcyone, too, but I'm not sure I really like it in a combo with Hespera. Alcyone would be better, but that's an "A" name, so that won't work.

The only new suggestion I have for you at the moment is Euterpe, the muse of music and lyric poetry.
    Last edited by mega_muffin; October 13th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting #2 in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Catherine "Cate" Ophelia, Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine, Benjamin "Jamie" Marius

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity