Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

names like Penelope, Adelaide, Emmeline, & Colette

Hello !

My daughter is a week and a half old and prior to birth I had planned on naming her Adelaide, until I realized it has recently become EXTREMELY popular. this name fits her *perfectly*, but if possible I'd rather give her something that hasn't become soo popularized. names that make my list include Penelope, Colette, and Emmeline as firsts. They are all very cute, but none of them sit quite right... not like Adelaide.
    Does anyone have ANY other name suggestions along these lines ??
    HELP !

I would just use Adelaide if the name fit her perfectly especially if you had your heart set on it, but I think you have a legitimate concern.

As for name suggestions... maybe a rarer name related to Adelaide like Adela or Della which are not on the top 1000 list?
    or even just keep Adelaide and nickname her Della or Adela?

Penelope is actually Alot more popular than Adelaide so I don't understand why that is an alternative?

Agreed with above! I would just name her Adelaide!

My daughter is almost 3 and an Adelaide, but we call her Addy. I JUST met someone with another Adelaide, but it's taken this long. She told me that she had never met another before either. I get a lot of compliments on her name because it's not super popular.

I actually wanted to name my daughter Olivia, but my husband pushed for Adelaide. When he first held her I knew that should be her name. Although I did go through some name regret (not choosing the name I wanted), I have absolutely no doubts today. While we choose a common nickname, I think Adele or Della is adorable. I would say don't worry about it being too popular, go with what you love! Hope this helps and congrats on your new baby girl!

P.S. I'm currently pregnant with #3 and am trying to figure out what name I like best with Adelaide if it is another girl. I have Lillian, Charlotte and Eloise on my list - a few other possible suggestions for you.

My fave nickname for Adelaide is Lady... but I know that one is a hit or miss name as due to that lovely Disney movie, some people view it as a dog name.
    But I like the nickname as it is sweet and silly at the same time, especially as she has a longer name to go with it.

Name her Adelaide. Why does popularity matter so much to people? It's REALLY annoying.