Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you tend to like classic or uncommon names?

I've realized that while I do like uncommon names like Cordelia, Temperance and Ziva I favor more classic and traditional like Madeleine, Elizabeth and Caroline for my future children.

What about you?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could I have your thoughts on these names? The names are links.
    Gaspard/Gaspar - Leopold

Rosemary Gloria ~ Madeleine Rhea ~ Caroline Hazel ~ Lilith Rebekah ~ Katarina Beatrice ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Roland Theodore ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Lucian Malachi

In search of middles for: James, Seraphine, Caroline and Elijah.
    Shopping for kids should not be this fun.

I love uncommon names in theory, but I know I probably won't be able to use them for my own children. I live in a non-English speaking country where a lot of those names just won't work, either in terms of spelling or pronunciation. I like the idea of using a more unconventional name in the middle/second middle spot and using a more traditional and classic first name.

Quote Originally Posted by watzmann View Post
    I love uncommon names in theory, but I know I probably won't be able to use them for my own children. I live in a non-English speaking country where a lot of those names just won't work, either in terms of spelling or pronunciation. I like the idea of using a more unconventional name in the middle/second middle spot and using a more traditional and classic first name.
    That's what I plan to do. Some of the uncommon names I like just wouldn't be pronounced correctly in english. but I love them so much.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could I have your thoughts on these names? The names are links.
    Gaspard/Gaspar - Leopold

Rosemary Gloria ~ Madeleine Rhea ~ Caroline Hazel ~ Lilith Rebekah ~ Katarina Beatrice ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Roland Theodore ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Lucian Malachi

In search of middles for: James, Seraphine, Caroline and Elijah.
    Shopping for kids should not be this fun.

I like a mix of both! I probably lean more towards uncommon, but I also love classic names like Elizabeth and Clara. Most the names on my favorites list, though, are pretty unique.

There are so many classics here - common in English-speaking countries - that I can't use. I cry over that.

What I like? Classic's. But where it comes to my country... My daughter isn't going to be another Anna or Maria - or God forbid Anna Maria. Or even Rebekka...

So I guess you could say a mix of uncommon and classic. I'll probably lean toward names like Matilda, Oskar... But Atlas is on my list x)
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus