Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you tend to like classic or uncommon names?

I've realized that while I do like uncommon names like Cordelia, Temperance and Ziva I favor more classic and traditional like Madeleine, Elizabeth and Caroline for my future children.

What about you?
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I love uncommon names in theory, but I know I probably won't be able to use them for my own children. I live in a non-English speaking country where a lot of those names just won't work, either in terms of spelling or pronunciation. I like the idea of using a more unconventional name in the middle/second middle spot and using a more traditional and classic first name.

Quote Originally Posted by watzmann View Post
    I love uncommon names in theory, but I know I probably won't be able to use them for my own children. I live in a non-English speaking country where a lot of those names just won't work, either in terms of spelling or pronunciation. I like the idea of using a more unconventional name in the middle/second middle spot and using a more traditional and classic first name.
    That's what I plan to do. Some of the uncommon names I like just wouldn't be pronounced correctly in english. but I love them so much.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I like a mix of both! I probably lean more towards uncommon, but I also love classic names like Elizabeth and Clara. Most the names on my favorites list, though, are pretty unique.

There are so many classics here - common in English-speaking countries - that I can't use. I cry over that.

What I like? Classic's. But where it comes to my country... My daughter isn't going to be another Anna or Maria - or God forbid Anna Maria. Or even Rebekka...

So I guess you could say a mix of uncommon and classic. I'll probably lean toward names like Matilda, Oskar... But Atlas is on my list x)
    My future ladies:
    Lý, Matilda, Lydia, Píl, Elsa, Anja, Lovisa, Flykra, Annalisa, Elisabeth & Ró

My future gentlemen:
    Ravnur, Oskar, Ùlvur & Linus