Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wow! I really love all of these, but I do have some special favorites

Twin - No Tryst?? Really? But it's so wonderful! Silver and Equinox are swoonworthy, and I love Pisces...Husband, grandma, and three of our four parents are Pisces, so we're quite the watery family!

Coll - You have some really lovely ones here! Wolf is on my short list as a middle for Balthazar, Kai is my nn for Malachi, and River is on my girls' list. Bear, Hawk, Orion, Sage, and Ronan are joining Rowan, Fox, Peregrine, and Hawthorn on my long list. I'm always torn on Phoenix. It's a beautiful, edgy name and I love the mythology. But I always think of the city in Arizona before the animal. Thank you so much for sharing your favorites!

Lis - You have some fun ones! Banyan, Fen, and Ocean are really different! Hawk is one of my favorites, but I don't know that I can ever use him because our last name starts with a K. Sorrel and Yarrow keep popping on and off my list...I love them in theory, but somehow they lose their lustre when said aloud.

Cooper - Colt is so cool, isn't he? I love the Wild West gunslinger vibe, and the Supernatural mythology only adds to the awesome. I want to love Monarch because of the butterfly, but I wonder if it's not like naming a child Princess. Apparently I'm cool with being a hippie, but not with being pretentious, haha! Bonsai is another I want to love, because of the tree, but I can just hear my Husband now shouting it as a YOLO cry before he does something stupid and dangerous. Oak, Teak, Moon, Cedar, Cloud, and Shade are all wicked cool. Bodhi! Oh how I love Bodhi...the spiritual significance really endears the name to me, and I love the laid-back surfer vibe. He's been on my list for a while now; just not sure where he fits.

Nature and word names are some of my favorites, so I love seeing what you guys find inspiring! This is really fun
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Are some Danish/Scandinavian suggestions alright?

Anker ("anchor")
    Ask ("ashtree")
    Aske ("ash")
    Birk ("birch")
    Bjørn ("bear")
    Brage ("crash")
    Bror ("brother")
    Bue ("bow")
    Ebbe ("tide")
    Eg ("oak")
    Falk/Falke ("falcon")
    Fjeld ("mountain")
    Fjord (same meaning as in English, lol)
    Karl ("farmhand")
    Nor ("rascal")
    Nord ("north")
    Rumle ("rumble")
    Sejer/Sejr ("victory")
    Skjold ("shield")
    Snorre ("strings")
    Sten ("stone")
    Tjørn ("hawthorn")
    Tyr ("bull")
    Ulf/Ulv ("wolf")
    Vilje/Ville ("will")
    Ørn ("eagle")
    Østen ("eastern")

They're not for everyone, but I thought I would give it a go, lol.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I love Cricket for boys but I would never use it for a girl. I also like Blaise, Ash, Reed, River, Robin, Peregrine, Orion, Scorpio, Leon, and Phoenix. Do place names count? If so I would suggest Caspian (which suggests water, A.K.A. Caspian Sea), Everest (which suggests mountains, A.K.A. Mount Everest), Nile (suggests water, A.K.A. Nile River), Aspen (could be a tree name or a place name), North (suggests cold whether and snow, also a word name), Brooklyn (only with the nn Brook or Brooks would I consider it a nature/word name), Hudson (suggests water, A.K.A. Hudson River), and Harbor (again, suggests water).

Zelia – Everything is alright! I think they're beautiful names, and the ones I couldn't use personally could be helpful to someone else Birk, Bjorn, Falke, Fjord, Nord, and Tyr are probably the most usable for me, although I make no promises for Husband's affability. Thank you for expanding my horizons!

KateyCricket is adorable, it makes me think of A Cricket in Times Square, which was one of my favorite books as a child. I love it as a nickname for Catherine, but I can never use the name Catherine because of bad associations, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to move Cricket to the boys' pile ^_^ Orion is one of my guiltiest pleasures…I love the name SO much, but Husband refuses. Sigh. Caspian is on my shortlist for a boy, and River for a girl. I also like Harbor and North from your list; Aspen as well, but it's a bit similar to Caspian and there's also the "ass" part to worry about.

Faith – Wow, this is a great list! I adore Oisin: the soft sound, the beautiful meaning (little deer!), the mythology...but Husband will never go for it because the spelling isn't intuitive for English speakers (and I could never murder the name by going with Osheen or some such). Wolf is another favorite, on our short list with Balthazar. I want to love Lupus but I only think of the disease. I also want to love Storm, but I know Husband will just go straight to the X-Men character. I think Cedar, Sage, Griffin, Rain, Cloud, Sol, and Thorn are all fabulous, and the ones that aren't on the list will definitely be added! Sable makes me swoon, but I already have Fable on my shortlist, and I worry they're too matchy. I kept vetoing the Leaf suggestion, but when I saw it on your list, I remembered Wash from Firefly and his "I'm a leaf on the wind" saying…so now it's back up for consideration.

Thank you all so much!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu