Names Searched Right Now:

So Proud to Be Canadian!

I just wanted to post a warm congrats to Canadian author Alice Munro for her Nobel Prize for Literature. She's a true inspiration to female writers everywhere. I know many of you here on Nameberry first became interested in baby names through childhood reading and writing. Many Berries continue to write novels, stories, articles and blogs in adulthood. I hope her win will encourage all of you to imagine the possibilities in pursuing your dreams. Never be afraid to let your creativity and imagination run wild and reach for the stars! Canadians are usually too modest to toot their own horns but I couldn't let this historic event pass by without an acknowledgment. I've always been proud to be a Canadian but it's truly wonderful to see a fellow Canuck's recognition. Ms. Munro's lifelong literary work and talent can now be appreciated on a global scale. Not too shabby for a frail, 82-year-old woman. It just goes to show us that it's never too late.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Inspirational words and congratulations to your Nobel Prize winner.

Age is no barrier to success it is our attitude and drive that counts.

rollo
    Psalm 23

Hi Rollo, you sound like your "young" self again! You could probably run most women into the ground. I'm glad your recovery is going well.
    All the best,
    Mischa.