Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name for new baby girl

Hi,

I need some help choosing a name for my new baby girl - due 30 December.

I have two girls already - Skye and Isadora. I'm pretty open to suggestion, but want it to sound good when linked with her older siblings

Thoughts:
    Skye is 1 syllable, Isadora is 3 syllables, go with a 2 syllable name, maybe.
    They both have an S, maybe look to use that to tie them together.
    They both end with different vowel sounds, maybe look to end with a different one.
    Neither is super common - less common names might fit better.
    Names wouldn't have to meet all of those of course.

I like....
    Skye, Isadora, and
    Cleo
    Chloe
    Daphne
    Esme
    Estee
    Juno
    Lucy
    Margo(t)
    Mireille
    Phoebe

This is a bit of a challenge because Skye and Isadora are so different in style. We are looking at a one syllable and 4 syllable name, a unisex and a very feminine name, and nature name versus a more classical name. It seems like if you go in either direction, one child will be the odd one out.

To pull the names together, I think I would look for a two or three syllable name with the s and.or made the I sound.

Alexis
    Ainsley
    Allison
    Aspen
    Chelsea
    Ellis
    Esme
    Iris
    Josie
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Thanks so much for the ideas!
    I know the names are very different, Skye was my choice, Isadora is nearly always called Dora if that helps. I love slightly unusual and underused classic names. And I was hoping the meaning for my new baby's name would be something to do with "blue or silver or storms". Of the names listed I really like Cleo (would never have thought of that), and Alexis (have always loved Alexis, but unfortunately can't use it, my friend has a Lexi).