Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gemima

Gemima

I recently saw the name Gemima in a birth announcement and I've started to like it more then Jemima which makes me think of the doll in Play School (a kids show thats been around since the 60's) and I don't like Gemma or Jemma as its quite dated in Australia and was top 100 from the 80's until 2010 and my dogs name is Gemma so it isn't an option anyway. What do you think of Gemima does it work?
    Last edited by ebenezer.scrouge; October 11th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

It looks like a misspelling of Jemima. Also, I want to say it jem-im-uh instead of jeh-my-muh.
    Last edited by casilda; October 12th, 2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I think I'd actually prefer Gemini, which is pretty hippie. But Gemima just seems... ill-advised. I'm more of a Gemma fan than a Jemima fan though.

I'm a little biased, as my name is in fact Jemima (also, I'm from Australia too!) - I think that Jemima is a lot better than Gemima. Gemima looks like you couldn't decide between Jemima and Gemma. The name Jemima is in the Bible - it's been around for thousands of years and is the 'correct' way to spell it. Best of luck!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

@Jem do you often get the like the doll on playschool remarks.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆