Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you consider Genevieve a spunky name?

I really like spunky names. I also really like Genevieve. I just feel like I want my next baby (should it be a girl) to have a spunky name. I love spunky names. My husband says he doesn't think Genevieve is spunky, he thinks its frilly.

What do you guys think? What kind of vibe do you get from Genevieve?

The combo we really like is Genevieve Alice.
    ~Beautiful son Leo Alexander born 2012~

Girls: Evangeline~Penelope~Emmeline~Margot~Caroline~Augus ta

Boys: Oliver~Everett~Henry~Leo~Sebastian~Felix~Arthur

Absolutely! I picture a really bubbly little girl that likes to wear flowery sundresses but isn't afraid to laugh, get dirty, or rebel a little.
    ~Larissa *~ Back from Nameberry hiatus with revamped list! ~*

Luminescent Ladies ~~**

* Genevieve Aurelia Bright * Waverly Cordelia Sage * Holiday Elysia Margaux *
    * Electra Sophie Marigold * Amaryllis Everly Claire * Savannah Jessamine Lake *
    * Arcadia Emmeline Fleur * * Calliope Annabel Joy * Bellamy Juniper Snow *

Magnificent Men~~**

* Phineas Jack Orion * Orlando Archer Luke * Simon Apollo Levi * Jasper Elias Gray *

I have a really strong color association with Genevieve--it is a green, gardenlike name, wise and gentle. Herbal, somehow--fresh and green, but with a spice. (Maybe it's that vivid last syllable.) I'd picture a Genevieve as thoughtful and reflective, a contented old soul in a young body.

It is frilly, flouncy, and fussy to me, though it does have an energetic sound.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

And now introducing Bear! ----->
    O___O
    (*.-.*) <Hunny hunny nom nom <3)
    (”| |“)
    (””|““)

I see Genevieve as glamorous and not spunky. It's very polished and sophisticated definitely not down in the dirt kind of girl. I see as her as dignified with maybe quiet courage. I think she could be brave and smart, but not spunky.
    I think it's a little too buttoned up and put together to be spunky.
    Names like Molly, Sally, Piper, Sadie, Lexi, etc. I think the name should be less polished and have strong consonants particularly towards the ending. Genevieve Alice is very beautiful, but it's a quiet elegance. It's very polished and there's only one strong consonant (the opening G). I would say it's not a spunky name, I picture a little girl bookworm reading lots of books, with glasses who grows up to be a stately elegant woman who's sort of a beautiful wallflower, never the life of the party, very elegant. Genevieve Alice is very dignified even as child. It's a very dignified to me rather than spunky.
    Last edited by emilyva; October 12th, 2013 at 01:34 AM.