Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adelaide & Lila

Adelaide & Lila

Hi Berries!

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with baby #3!

I have posted on this site several times before, but this is the first time I've posted since becoming pregnant. I have a son named Trevor and a daughter named Adelaide (who we call Addy). We will not be finding out the gender this time around since we already have one of each. If this baby is a boy, I decided long ago that we will name him Owen. However, even though I've been thinking about names for #3 since my daughter was born, I still can't decide on what we would name another girl.

For those that have seen my posts in the past, my dad passed away about a year ago from cancer. I definitely want to honor him with this baby, so we will use his middle name (Robert) with Owen. For a girl, I plan on using Josephine in the middle (his middle name was Joseph... along with many other members on both sides of our families).

Lately, I've been leaning towards Lila Josephine. I like it's vintage charm and have always liked names that end in 'a' (Adelaide was almost Olivia). Do you think Lila "falls short" with a name like Adelaide? I do think Addy & Lila make a sweet sister pair.

Other names that I always go back to are Lillian (Lily), Charlotte and Eloise.

Sometimes I think I put too much pressure on creating the perfect sibset vs. going with a name I love. My husband says he is pretty open this time around since he choose our daughter's name. Thoughts/suggestions?

As always thanks for your help!
    Last edited by kmg729; October 11th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

Lila is shorter and a bit more simple than Adelaide, but it is just as sweet and beautiful! I think it is most important that you love the name. I don't think they sound out of place at all. Eloise would be my second pick for you.

What about using Josephine as a fn with Josie as a nn? Adelaide and Josephine, Addy and Josie, make a really nice pair! Josephine Lily is a great combination too. While I like Lila Josephine, I would probably do a longer fn to make it a little more compatible with Adelaide. Lillian, Charlotte, and Eloise all work well and would make a great sibset with Adelaide and Trevor. Louisa Josephine is another combination that I think would work well.

When I saw your title Adelaide & Lila, something about those two names together just looked so perfect! And I don't think that very often..they just seem to fit! And Lila Josephine is gorgeous!
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I think Adelaide and Lila are perfect. They both are sweet & vintage sounding.
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot