Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need a Girl's Name I LOVE!

My son's name is Abe (not Abraham, just Abe and we're now having a little girl in February. When I heard his name, I fell in love with it and knew it was his name. I'm just not having that same feeling with any girls names. We don't have a particular style other than nothing too popular and nothing too off-the-wall and I just I want to name her what we'll call her ie: Abe not Abraham, Allie not Allison etc. Right now Allie is one of our top contenders, but it seems a little too common. We're also kicking around Anna. It doesn't have to be an "A" name, those just happen to be. I love the name Leah-too popular, also Meredith and Monica, but I can't get my hubby on board with those! I'd love any suggestions!! Thanks in advance

Meredith is one of my favorites right now, and Allie as well. Not short for Alexandra-Just Allie. Allie's popularity ranking is #200. Certainly not too popular, but most Allie's are derived from Alice, Alexandra, and Allison. However, I love Alexandria-but that seems to be full of nickname treasures, which, probably isn't your type of thing.
    Anyways, Allie, just Allie is adorable and pretty. Allie and Abe sound great together. Anna is #35, so it is really popular. It is also classic, pretty, and a safe option in terms of its simplicity.
    Annie is also adorable. Annie is #377, if you like Annie at all. Less common than Anna.
    I love Meredith most of all the names you mentioned.
    Second runner up is Allie, and third place would have to go to Anna.
    Here are some suggestions of names you may like and * means it is one of my favorites as well:
    -Allie, Meredith, Monica, Leah(Abe)-
    Halle
    Annie
    Bethany
    Kenna*
    Evie
    Eva
    Beth
    Libby**
    Blythe
    Sidney*
    Melody*
    Melanie**
    Aura*
    Ella
    Elle
    Ellie
    Jill
    Jillian*
    Heidi
    Joy
    Gemma *Good Luck*

I think Ally/Allie is very popular. The names Alexandra and Allison where very popular when I was growing up. I think Allie maybe falling in popularity, but it was even more popular earlier which is neither a good or bad thing.
    I like the previous poster's suggestions of Libby, Hallie, Jill, and Evie. In general I prefer formal names and nicknames. Here are names I think you could like/love:
    Maggie
    Georgie
    Bonnie
    Rose
    Holly
    Lacey
    Lara
    Leslie
    Lynn
    Lisa
    Lyra (since you said you liked Leah; I though I would put a lot of L names on here.)
    Bliss
    Rue
    Andi
    Carrie/Kerry/Keri
    Candy
    Della
    Ada
    Mara
    Julie
    Tina
    Rilla
    Tress