Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What exactly makes a name romantic?

I have always wondered what makes a name romantic. I know several people that think that the name 'Rachel' is romantic and others that think that 'Valentina' is romantic. What makes a name romantic to you? Is it the connotation, past experiences or just the over all sount of the name that made you think that a name was romantic?

If you can, list a name that seems romantic to you and why you think that it is romantic.
    Last edited by wonderousimagination; October 14th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Personally, I think it is a combination of all those things. However, for me I think about what image I get in my head when I hear the name.

The connotation of a name makes it romantic to me. I would definitely classify Valentina as romantic, along with Romeo, Juiet, Isolde, Tristan.

Names I associate with past experiences would be what I call sentimental and are not romantic to me.
    But more specifically, the name of a past love or your first love would be sentimental... but I can understand how they have a subjective feeling of romance.

Sound of a name would be aesthetically pleasing to me and I would not use the word romantic.

These are all my opinions and I understand it may be different for different people.

Quote Originally Posted by kaym210210 View Post
    Personally, I think it is a combination of all those things. However, for me I think about what image I get in my head when I hear the name.
    I agree with this

For me, I find romantic literary figures very romantic, so names like Juliet and Jane have a romantic flair to me, despite the fact that, to my ears, I don't find them to be so. Soft-sounding, feminine names that have a little more substance than just plain frilly or princessy names fall under the romantic category; Fiammetta, Valentina, Seraphina, etc.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid