Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I think Cas could totally work for Charles! It's no different than Jim for James.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I don't really think that Castiel is too fangirlish. Supernatural is more of an underground hit, and likely people that would recognize the name would actually love it, not be like "oh, that's the dude from Supernatural!" It wouldn't be the equivalent of naming your daughter Hermione and then having everyone be like "isn't that the chick from Harry Potter?" regardless of whether they have read the books or not. I don't know if that made sense or if it was word-salad. Basically, I would be surprised if a lot of non-Supernatural watchers know that it's the name of the Supernatural character. I think you'd be fine. Hell, Balthazar was on Sup too, and that's a NB fave.
    GIRLFOLK: Cyra Niamh & Xanthe Morwenna & Kalliope Maeve & Keeva Hermione
    BOYFOLK: Callum Robertson & Emrys ?
    Current crushes: Boys: Shea, Teague. Girls: Keeva.
    Guilty pleasures: Shiloh, Tarot (pron. Tarrow), Juniper.

Talia, 23, enjoys taking pictures and eating cheese. Are we name twins? Let me know!

I actually considered Charles nn Cas at one point. It's clever, but since I pronounce Charles as one syllable it doesn't really "click" to me.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I actually don't know anyone that says Cassius or Cassian as cash-uh etc. They all say cass-ee-us or cass-ee-an. I like it so much better that way and I think it's perfectly legit.

Otherwise, maybe:

Casandro -- hero's brother
    Cassander -- <3
    Casca -- old
    Casey
    Cashel
    Casiano
    Casimir -- <3
    Cassiel
    Casta -- pure
    Castor
    Licas -- wolf -- lie-cas
    Lucas
    Nicasio
    Zoticas -- full of life -- varient form of Zoticus (Greek)
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

@Angel: Thanks for the ideas! I was actually flipping through K.M. Sheard's Complete Book of Names earlier, and she had the pronunciations for Cassius and Cassian listed as "cass" instead of "cash." I might reconsider now.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline