Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name Voyager for a boy?

I love the name Voyager for a boy, but I can't find it anywhere in baby name books or online as a name. Is it super weird and unusual or something? What do u think of when u hear the name?

It doesn't sound like the name of a human. It sounds like the name of a ship.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

It's not horrid but it makes me think of Star Trek honestly. If you and your SO aren't sci-fi fans you might be surprised at how many people will automatically associate it with sci-fi. Is it the name itself you really love or the traveller/wanderer connotation? I really like Peregrine for that connotation but I worry about it's usability.

I agree with @augusta_lee... because it is a ship, on Star Trek... And it also sounds a bit like Wanderer, from the gosh awful movie "The Host". So it sounds like you're possessed by an alien named Voyager.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Um, yeah it is unusual......and a little weird.