Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "ayden" names

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl19 View Post
    -ayden/-Aiden names simply fit better on girls. End of story.
    I disagree I'm afraid: while I cringe to see any of these names used on a boy; I would shudder to see them on a girl. It would be so jarring. I don't think they're feminine in the least.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

@southern maple - Aidentity crisis, lol.

@dramagrl - I disagree. Ayden names are boyish because, well, they're predominately used on boys. I don't think they're girly at all. You might think they sound girly, but that's just your opinion. Looks like quite a few people disagree with you.

@rainbowbright - Agree it's like the Jennifer Juggernaut. Yes, they're lots of different names, but it's still an epidemic with many children being named very similarly.

I think it's so sad parents are essentially using the same names for their sons. I live across the street from a Jayden and was disappointed when I learned his name. A friend of mine recently had an Aidan. People don't realise the names are so popular because they're multiple names. Jacob may be number one, but when you look at the stats, you can see it's definitely Ayden names.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

@southern maple. "aidentity crisis" might be one if the best comments I've ever seen on a forum. Totally stealing this phrase.

@dramagrl19 I don't understand your logic on any response.

I really don't get the trend on all the -aiden/-aydon names. Although, I used to love the name Aidan. Back when it was a relative unknown Irish name. I feel like most people do not realize how popular these names are or how they all sound alike. Of course, this goes along with my biggest pet peeve on baby names - people not bothering to do any research. It seriously drives me crazy. Ok, if you want to use Jaiden, fine but please do not tell me that you are totally surprised by its popularity because you had no idea there were multiple spellings or many rhyming alternate names. Or that you had no idea many people strongly dislike the name. By the way, I know a family with a Jaiden and a Cohen. Eek.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

I so hate all the -ayden names. I have a 17-year old cousin named Jayden, so its been familiar to me since i was a little kid, and actually feels quite dated. Its always surprising to me when i realize there are still babies being named Jayden.

Another cousin has the most annoying woman in the world for a wife, and they have a son named Hayden (which, of the -aydens is the one i least hate)...she brought her son to my sister's baby shower and just sat while he ran around. Instead of going to get him when he wandered too far, she just shrieked his name at ear-splitting volume. Every few minutes, for the entire duration of a 3-hour baby shower.

So now when i hear the -aydens, 1-they sound dated and boring. And 2- i just hear my annoying cousin's wife's voice shrieking out a nasally "-ayden!" I can't find a redeeming quality in any of the -aydens. Brayden is the worst offender, in my opinion, because its Bray (the sound a donkey makes? Why is this an attractive first syllable to parents?) combined with -ayden.

Also, count me with the rest of people who doesn't "get" -ayden on a girl. I've met girls named Jayden, and it doesn't flatter them at all. I hate the name Jade, because its quite a "trashy" name where i live, and Jayden seems, if anything, a step down from Jade.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Most of the -ayden names I can tolerate, because they actually have some history to them, and have just recently become part of the rhyming epidemic. I'm thinking of Mason, Brendon, Aidan, Logan. It's the newer variations that grate on me, like Jadyn (apologies to all the Jaidenns out there). In combination with the popularity of various spellings, it seems like an odd trend that came out of nowhere.

I guess I blame the '-ayden naming formula' on the desire of so many parents to ring that elusive sweet spot, when a baby name is 'different but not TOO different'.