Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "ayden" names

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    I know several girls with these, I think it may be worse than the boys.

What is wrong with Jade? Jade is pretty. Can't deal with Jayden on either gender.
    Worse? -ayden sounds very feminine to me. Aiden himself, along with a few other names, are good for boys. But most I prefer on girls. As for what's wrong with Jade, it is getting a bit dated where I live. So to sum it up, that is why most -ayden names are appropriate for girls.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Aidan and all its variants have become this generation's Jennifer.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbright908 View Post
    Aidan and all its variants have become this generation's Jennifer.
    I'm going to have to disagree with this. The "Jennifer Juggernaut" was an epidemic of ONE name: there are many -ayden/-aiden names. None have reached #1, like Jennifer did. Just the facts.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I'm sure the number is higher than that when you consider all of the insane variant spellings, but even 80,441 makes the Aidan names over 4x as common as Jacob. I fondly refer to this as the Aidenity crisis.
    Aidentity crisis - that's awesome!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I guess that's why the "ayden" names don't get much love here on Nameberry. There are so many of them with variant spellings that they all start to sound the same and blend into each other.

It always perplexes me when I hear that certain names sound fine for a girl but not for a boy. It's the same name, isn't it? The name sounds the same on either gender, doesn't it? If a name isn't good for a boy, why would you like it for a girl? I don't understand that logic at all.
    All the best,
    Mischa.