Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "ayden" names

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I fondly refer to this as the Aidenity crisis.
    southern.maple, Aidenity crisis, I love it.

Those numbers are very interesting!
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

I prefer "ayden" names when they're used in a girl. Hayden on a girl is adorable, on a boy, obnoxious. Jaidyn/Jayden on a girl is also cute. Not on a boy.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Ugh...you wouldn't believe how difficult this trend makes my job as a substitute teacher sometimes. Everyone says, "oh, don't name him/her (top 10 name) because it's too popular - she won't be the only one in her class!" But, honestly, I rarely encounter 2 Jacobs or 2 Sophias in a class, but I often have more than one kid with an -ayden name. And they're so hard to remember because they're made up! I'm constantly calling them by some similar-sounding incorrect name. I'd rather have 2 Jacobs, at least I'll remember what to call them. The ridiculous thing is all these parents think they're being unique.
    I actually liked Aidan the first time I heard it. It's still way better than all of its many imitators!
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th - It's a BOY!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

Quote Originally Posted by dramagrl19 View Post
    I prefer "ayden" names when they're used in a girl. Hayden on a girl is adorable, on a boy, obnoxious. Jaidyn/Jayden on a girl is also cute. Not on a boy.
    I know several girls with these, I think it may be worse than the boys.

What is wrong with Jade? Jade is pretty. Can't deal with Jayden on either gender.

Because of their similarities to Aidan, which is legit (or at least some spelling of it is), Hayden and Jayden (etc.) are nothing but masculine to me.

I wonder what the total tally would be if you included all of the spellings outside the top 1,000! -aden names are a crazy trend. Even though I sort of like Aidan, I'd never use it because of the trend.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey