Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What was your child's first solid foods?

We talk lots about when to introduce solids and what's appropriate, but I'm just curious: What was the first "big people" food your LO's got a taste of? Whether a cereal, baby mush, or "real" food, what did they get? And what was their earliest favorite?

*please keep this free from debate. I'm just looking for individual experiences.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

We started with pureed apple, and it was an immediate success! We're big fans of the puree, we boil and puree fruits and veg once a week, freeze them in cubes and it's super easy to prepare wholesome organic meals for her.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm not a momma, but my nephew lived with us during the time he ate his first solids and I was his main caregiver.
    He went from formula to cereal/oatmeal to jarred food.

Some of the first real foods I gave him were:

Toast
    Bananas
    Sweet Potatoes
    Cheerios
    Beef Stew
    Puffs
    Pasta & Sauce

He LOVED cheerios. From picking them up to the crunch he couldn't get enough of them. Another favorite of his was the stewed beef I made.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Could you check out these threads? Link 1 Link 2
    Girls | Combos | Boys

She had pumpkin first. It was Thanksgiving, so I wanted to feed her something seasonally appropriate. Plus, I had pumpkin puree left over from making mini pumpkin cheesecakes LOL!
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th - It's a BOY!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur, Niall/Neil/Neal Thomas
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne, Gwen ???

We just gave our son regular people food, starting at around six months. The first thing we gave him was an avocado. He loved it!