Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hi!

So, this is gonna make me sound like the biggest stalker, but I´ve followed your fantastic posts since I discovered this site. I absolutely love your style and I just had to make an account when I saw this page. Being from Norway I love that you have all these norwegian/ scandinavian/ norse names on your list. I would absolutely love to see you use (just picked out these three to give a small imagery. If I were to do everyone I wouldn´t be able to finish my essay on norwegian grammar due today):

Huldra - the magical, enchanting story have fascinated me for years! I see a complex, wild creature with untamed curly red hair running through the forrest, putting people under her spell with her amazing singing. She is a free spirit, Huldra, you will hardly ever see her in shoes. She is always dancing, moving her body to a song only she can hear.
    Saga- this is a name that is being more and more used here. It´s another word for fairytale, and i picture a girl with this name as a blonde, blue- eyed little darling, who has a secret edge that most people won´t see just looking at her. She has an amazing fantasy. She is the girl who lies up all night reading from the light of a flashlight or telling herself (and others) stories from a far away snowy, starry land only she can visit.
    Aurora - this is the most beautiful name ever! The connection to the northern lights (aurora borealis) alone is enough! Aurora is as beautiful and as enchanting as the northern lights. She is a blonde, green- eyed stunner who is sassy and strong. She sticks up for the weak and you could expect her to come home with tons of wounded animals she finds while playing in the forrest. Aurora is a big sister, protective and outspoken - she would not let anything happen to her little brothers and sisters.

I also like these names because of the meaning or the ring it has to it. (Keep in mind that my language may cause me to pronounce it differently!)
    Alatáriel
    Amoret
    Atalanta
    Circe
    Eimyrja
    Eira
    Eowyn
    Freyja
    Ingrid
    Lilje
    Lorelei
    Ophelia
    Sol
    Undomiel
    Yvaine

I would also (god, this is going to be a long post, I´m sorry!) like to throw in my two cents when it comes to first names. I would go Tinuviel (!!!!) all day long! She is magical! Also, I saw in your last post you had a fear for the mORGANa thing in norwegian. I wouldn´t worry about that at all. I didn´t even think about it before you brought it up. I would actually be more concerned about the name being very masculine in norwegian because of the harsh r- sound. Besides from that - there´s nothing to worry about.

And also; if the norwegian- thing is a factor for you I might think about reconsider Hespera. It´s kind of close to the norwegian word "hespetre" with is a way of saying b*tch here.

I don´t think I´ll be doing combos now, this post is already way to long and now-it-ally for a first post (just a evidence of my crazy stalker behavior), but I´ll be back. I got a taste for this thing now and I like it! I hope you don´t think I interfered too much, seeing as how you guys have been doing this forever and I´m the new kid on the block.

- Pernille
    Last edited by pernillemarie; October 11th, 2013 at 08:56 AM.

Morgana and Hespera are my favorites in conjunction with Aphrodite but.... Isis as a counterpart is really growing on me as well.
    Two short thoughts: Does Hespera force you into a Greek theme? And Does Isis into a major deity's theme? And how do you feel about that? (I know you said you didn't care about A- names originally but then you did decide not to use one - same thought process here.)

Callisto Ilmarë Giselle
    Callisto Astrid Loveday
    Callisto Astraea Sol
    Callisto Melusine Cissea
    Callisto Amoret Gwendolyn

Hespera Gwenllian Oenone
    Hespera Lilje Ondine
    Hespera Stella Imladris
    Hespera Daphne Titania
    Hespera Titania Yvaine
    Hespera Eira Verdande
    Hespera Aurelia Undómiel

Isis Atalanta Ino
    Isis Rivendell Saga
    Isis Polyhymnia Mist (you know what I didn't even look at your list till after I created my own. haha.)
    Isis Heleyne Alcyone
    Isis Yavanna Alatáriel

Morgana Terpischore Aglaia
    Morgana Ophelia Tinuviel (still my favorite despite the total lack of Lorelei. <wink>)
    Morgana Silmariën Lorelei
    Morgana Elentári Blodeuwedd
    Morgana Natasha Eimyrja

Tinuviel Eva Celebrian
    Tinuviel Lyonesse Idonea
    Tinuviel Sonja Ancalimë
    Tinuviel Pareerou Lorelei
    Tinuviel Freyja Elaine

And if you really must love Pandora <sigh> then I like:
    Pandora Elenna Niniane
    Pandora Ingrid Gersemi
    Pandora Clemency Éowyn
    Pandora Villanelle Kara
    Pandora Pareerou Írimë
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post

These are the first names we're working with:
    Callisto
    Hespera
    Isis
    Morgana
    Pandora
    Tinúviel

This is our extensive list of middle names (sorry it's so long, I just love names ever so much!).
    Aglaia
    Alatáriel
    Alcyone
    Amoret
    Ancalimë
    Astraea
    Astrid
    Atalanta
    Aurora
    Blodeuwedd
    Cassandra
    Celebrían
    Circe
    Cissea
    Clemency
    Daphne
    Eilonwy
    Eimyrja
    Eir/Eira
    Eisa
    Elbereth/Elentári
    Elenna
    Eos
    Éowyn
    Eva
    Freyja
    Gersemi
    Giselle
    Gwenllian
    Hecate
    Heleyne/Helena/Elaine
    Honey
    Huldra
    Idunn/Idonea/Idony
    Ilmarë
    Imladris
    Ingrid
    Ino
    Írimë
    Iving
    Kara
    Lilje (Norwegian for lily)
    Lorelei
    Loveday
    Lyonesse
    Lysistrata
    Melusine
    Mist
    Natasha
    Nyneve/Nimue/Niniane
    Oenone
    Olwen
    Ondine
    Ophelia
    Ourania
    Pareerou
    Polyhymnia
    Rivendell
    Saga
    Silmariën
    Skathi
    Sol
    Sonja
    Stella
    Tempest
    Terpsichore
    Titania
    Undómiel
    Verdande
    Villanelle
    Yavanna
    Yvaine

I've already got these in mind:
    Callisto Freyja Undómiel
    Hespera Sonja Elbereth
    Isis Polyhymnia Mist
    Tinúviel Circe Ingrid
    Yay! Middles!

Love Callisto Freyja Udomiel and Hespera Sonja Elbereth.

Callisto Amoret Freyja
    Callisto Ondine Freyja
    Callisto Hecate Elenna

Hespera Freyja Gwellian
    Hespera Melusine Daphne
    Hespera Idunn Eva

Morgana Daphne Amoret
    Morgana Aurora Sol
    Morgana Freyja Honey

Isis Atalanta Ophelia
    Isis Titania Gwellian
    Isis Eilonwy Astraea

Tinuviel Melusine Freyja
    Tinuviel Astrid Lilje
    Tinuviel Saga Amoret
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy

Tinúviel Circe Ingrid is soooooooooooooo beautiful. Pick that and put the rest away for later. EEEEEEEEK!

For what it's worth, if I can swindle a free moment or two later today, I'll work on some other combos for you. Seriously though, PICK Tinúviel Circe Ingrid!!
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Its combo time !!

Callisto Aradia Elenna
    Callisto Befana Giselle
    Callisto Breifne Eisa
    Callisto Tempest Yvaine
    Callisto Heleyne Yvaine

Hespera Eos Alatáriel
    Hespera Saga Terpsichore