Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Opinions on this name - first or middle?

My grandmother was a very important person in my life, her name was Roberta, but she was known by everyone as Birdie.
    I prefer not to use Birdie as a nickname for a more traditional name, I would like to use it either as a first or a middle name.

Is Birdie too out there for a first name?
    Which do you prefer?

Birdie Katherine
    Tessa Birdie

Love Birdie as a first name. Birdie Katherine has a nice ring to it. Nice choice

Birdie is better as a middle name. Personally, I wouldn't want to go through life with a name like Birdie. "Bird" is often used for a slang word for a "young woman" and in some Asian countries it's a term for a part of the male anatomy. Using the middle finger is called "flipping the bird". Bird and Birdie just has too much teasing potential as a full name. Tessa Birdie is the better option.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I am on the fence with it. I did have Birdie on my list a while ago. That celebrity also named her little girl Birdie as well and now has a daughter named Cricket. So I can see it as usable. I never knew about what Mischa had mentioned in her statement and not sure if a lot of people would know that. I guess it goes based on how comfortable you are with it. Plus I feel people are naming their children more unusual names that teasing potential may not be there. I like both combos. I think Birdie can work in the front or middle spot and the names you chose to go with it are very nice. Its a tough call because both have different vibes and different rings to it! Maybe bring both with you and see which works best?
    Rainbow Baby Due November 2015!

Atlas, Cassian, Soren, Cyrus, Alistair
    Elowen, Serafina, Althea, Iris

I agree with everything mischa said.

I think it is much better as a middle name. And of course, you could always call her Birdie as a nn because it is so unique and meaningful to you.
    Tessa Birdie is cute and the better option.