Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Keep with the pattern?

Still can't settle on our boy combos, so I'm taking a break and going back to the girls. Our top two girl combos are Catherine Ophelia and Isobel Theophania. The middle names obviously have two prominent things in common: a "ph" somewhere in the middle and "ia" at the end. It wasn't our intention, but if we happen to have a third daughter, what do you think we should do? The way I see it, we have four options.

1. Keep the theme and use a middle name that has a "ph" and ends with "ia". - There aren't a whole lot of options for names that have both, but I do really like Sophia, Sophronia, Seraphia, and Euphemia. If we did go this route, the first name would almost definitely be Mary. (Except with Sophia. I think if we did want to use Sophia, it would be as a first name.)

2. Use a name that contains "ph", but doesn't end with "ia" - In this case, I would pretty much have my heart set on Seraphina/Seraphine, paired with Mary/Maria, Veronica, Victoria, or Anastasia.

3. Use a name that ends with "ia", but doesn't have a "ph" - Examples of "ia" names we like: Silvia, Lavinia, Junia, Asteria, Zinovia, Celestia, Wisteria, Rosalia, Artemisia (well, I love it; DH doesn't), Vesperia, etc. Again, the first name would probably be Mary, but Lucy, Eve, and Vivien are other possibilities.

4. Forget about trying to match the other two altogether - If we did, some possible combos are: Anastasia Vesper, Anastasia Cecile, Veronica Emmanuelle, Mary Emmanuelle, Maria Calliope, Maria Valentine/Mary Valentina (which would kind of match with Balthazar), Mary Alexandrina (if we have three daughters, then we won't have an Alexander - barring any surprise multiples - so that's not a problem), Victoria Cecile, Victoria Melisande, and Victoria Salome.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Just drop in to say ALL your kids' names are gorgeous.

I love to keep the theme if I were you. Now, favourites from the list:
    1. Mary Seraphia- I do love Seraphina but Seraphia sounds fresh here.
    2. Victoria Seraphine
    3. Eve Asteria
    4. Victoria Salome

ps: Adding Apollonia besides Artemisia, maybe? Too bad your DH doesn't like it.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | √Čomund | Stellan | Amias

So, you have just one son, and you have two names picked out that you like for a future potential girl/girls, but you're concerned about needing a third name that matches in case you have three more children and they are all girls? I don't really think this is something you need to stress over... as of right now, you don't know that you will have even one girl, right?

I know for me, my tastes have changed quite a bit in the year or so that I have been seriously considering names for future babies. I think that three babies from now, that might be a possibility for you, too!

One name that stood out to me as particularly nice from your choices/combos was Anastasia Cecile.
    It's a GIRL!! First babe, due 4/17.

Arietta June, Guinevere Pearl, Cordelia Wynn, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Faye
    Mattias Leo, Leander Paul, Cassian James, Macsen George

Quote Originally Posted by c@29 View Post
    Just drop in to say ALL your kids' names are gorgeous.

I love to keep the theme if I were you. Now, favourites from the list:
    1. Mary Seraphia- I do love Seraphina but Seraphia sounds fresh here.
    2. Victoria Seraphine
    3. Eve Asteria
    4. Victoria Salome

ps: Adding Apollonia besides Artemisia, maybe? Too bad your DH doesn't like it.
    Thanks, Eve Asteria is gorgeous! I'll ask him about Apollonia. Since it's a saint's name, he might go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemrsb View Post
    So, you have just one son, and you have two names picked out that you like for a future potential girl/girls, but you're concerned about needing a third name that matches in case you have three more children and they are all girls? I don't really think this is something you need to stress over... as of right now, you don't know that you will have even one girl, right?

I know for me, my tastes have changed quite a bit in the year or so that I have been seriously considering names for future babies. I think that three babies from now, that might be a possibility for you, too!

One name that stood out to me as particularly nice from your choices/combos was Anastasia Cecile.
    Very true, but this is Nameberry, where part of the fun is dreaming up names for future children you may not even ever have! I'm not stressing at all, just merely curious about what others think about the issue, since it is possible that we might have three daughters and we are fairly set on these names at the moment. Anastasia Cecile is one of my favorites, so I'm glad you like it.
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar and Catherine "Cate" Ophelia
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I'm going to keep each of your own categories and make suggestions of additional names in each group, if that's all right.

1. Keep the theme and use a middle name that has a "ph" and ends with "ia". - My favourites are Sophronia & Euphemia. Adding one, I like Euphrasia! Euphrasia means "good cheer" and I like it a lot. Iphigenia/Iphigeneia is an option too, and I kind of like it, but it's quite clunky and its myth is rather tragic.

2. Use a name that contains "ph", but doesn't end with "ia" - I like Seraphina but I also like Philomena, Philomela, Raphaela, Philippa, Phoebe

3. Use a name that ends with "ia", but doesn't have a "ph" - I like Celestia, Artemisia, & Vesperia. I also like Leocadia, Cassia, Luscinia, Magnolia. And Alethia (truth) and Laetitia (joy).