Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think Rafferty and Camden are fine, I'm not sure how I feel about Roibeard (reminds me of Redbeard the pirate) but there's no red flags there.

Icy, Poet and Silver are all very difficult names to carry, and your daughter might not WANT to have to carry such a tricky name, especially if she goes into politics or works in the corporate world. My preference is to put the more-unique stuff in the middle.

I also notice the imagery is a bit over-the-top. Icy and Winter in one name is way too much. Poet and Snow is a lot of noun, but it'd be easier to carry than a full Winter Wonderland in one name. Silver Pearl Papillon makes me think of a butterfly made of silver and pearls; I wouldn't use Silver and Pearl in the same name (too much jewelry), and since Papillon is a noun (meaning butterfly; also a type of dog) it paints a SUPER strong picture and doesn't feel like a name.

If you want something unusual, I think Ophelia and Marcheline would be perfect—and they'd make great sisters.
    I think some of your GP names would be good too. Edison and Bramwell are fine, and Ottilie, Persephone, Pandora and Harper are wearable. I love Hero, especially as a middle.

Icy Ophelia Winter - Ophelia Winter is stunning, but I'm not fond of Icy. The mocking potential for a girl named Icy would cause me to avoid it. Yes, kids can find a way to make fun of other kids anyways, but I wouldn't ever want to make it easy for them. What about using Icy as a middle name, in a different combo? I get the appeal of it, and I think it is potentially pretty.
    Poet Marcheline Snow - Marcheline is gorgeous. I love French names. Poet is cute, but I am not a fan of it in the first name spot. I'd use it in the middle Marcheline Poet is nice.
    Silver Pearl Papillon - Individually, the names are nice, esp Silver, but overall the combo seems a bit overly-wordy. Like you are describing what kind of Papillion it is: It's a silver, pearl one.

Roibeard "Bear" Shepherd - Shepherd is great, but I don't particularly like Roibeard
    Rafferty Merlin - Rafferty is great, I really like it. Merlin, however, makes me think straightaway of a Marlin fish, and a wizard. I don't think it is usable on a modern child.
    Camden Remington Duke - I don't love the flow of this combo, and I don't think it is the best style balance, either. Remington Duke sounds super matchy-royal and Camden feels laid back and casual.

I absoluetly love Paddington for a boy <3
    Family is Forever <3

@Brigid16- I completely understand what you're saying as that was my concern as well! I put all of the names I liked together and am realising that that wasn't the best move haha. I love Hero too but find it hard to fit in combinations. Thanks for all the input!

@_nora_- I do like Icy and seeing as there are potential problems in the first name spot then I am not against using it as a middle name at all; it's a great idea as then I still get to use it! You hit the nail on the head with the Silver name thoughts but I'm glad you like Silver and Marcheline Poet is divine! I have this issue with Merlin too but it is such a cool name! I love the preppy British feel so names like Remington and Rafferty really appeal to me. I love Paddington too! Any combination ideas?X
    Eulalie & Lysander

I agree with what most of the others have said in regards to your girls names. I have the same issue that it seems you're having. I love the sound of names (Icelyn and Lyrical are two of my guilty pleasures) but I would feel terrible naming a child that. They sound lovely and would be darling on a 6 month old baby, but when you think about the fact that this name has to suit a grown adult who could be a doctor or a lawyer or even the president...some things don't work. I could never see President Icy being sworn into office or being represented by Silver Pearl Papillon in a courtroom, ya know?

You can definitely be unique and creative without being over the top (please dont take that personally. like i said, i do it too!). And truthfully I think Poet, Silver and Winter would make a lovely middle name. I think Marcheline Poet sounds gorgeous. And you said you like French names, have you thought about something like Apolline, Calais, Delphine, Fleur, Isaline, Saison, Satine, etc.?

I see too much of this stuff on this site. These ridiculous made up fairy-tale names. And I don't know whether it's legit or not. It's so outrageous. Why would you name your child any of these names? I understand if you want to be unique. But, come on. This is just way too far. It really makes no sense to me.
    Baby girl coming July 9th

Esme Francesca Gianna Charis Isis Petra Celeste Stella Audrey
    Jasmine Gwen Carmen Lola Scarlett Nadia Nadine Stephanie
    Marina Jacqueline Rhiannon Mariah Dahlia Winter Ariadne Phaedra