Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Festive Season

Are any other Berries excited for the upcoming holiday season? I know I am! Its by far my favourite time of year. I love the dark evenings, lighting the fire, relaxing on the couch with a book and hot chocolate..The exciting build up, spending time with my children and family, the generous and helpful spirit that seems to take over us all for the month of December...Its sheer bliss for me.

I started gift shopping this week and it has really gotten me in the festive mood. I like Halloween but want to get it out of the way so I can start properly organising my Christmas plans without friends and family looking at me like I've gone crazy!

Is anyone else anticipating the holidays?

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I''m a total and complete julepike as my mum calls me (yule/christmas girl). I've started listening to the seasonal music, putting cinnamon, cloves and cardamom in everything I eat. I'm planning on starting the present shopping pretty soon, I want it over with before December, I can't face being 7 months pregnant wading through the tourist infested streets of London looking for pressies... oh, hang on, happiness thread!

It's my favourite of the seasonal holidays, I love all of December, all the candles and darkness, snow and pure joy. We're the hosts this year, my mum, dad, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, brother, brother's girlfriend, grandmother are all coming. Luckily Husband's parents are spending the holiday with one of Husband's brothers, otherwise house would be full! But this is my first holiday, so I need to plan everything and it's nervewrecking, we take this holiday seriously in my family. Not because of religious things, it's just so traditional and incredibly important to everyone that everything is as usual.

We took holiday photos of Roo today (she has a red hat!) and we're doing cards for the first time, which is exciting and fun!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I hate sending cards! Its a formality I wish wasn't so popular where I live. Having to write cards to distant relatives is absolutely painful for me and one of the few things I find a chore. Those photos sound delightful!

Will you be doing all the cooking for your family or will your parents etc. be bringing a side dish or dessert with them? I can only imagine the pressure of cooking such an important meal for so many people!

I really need to start my winter candle stock pile soon. I'm also considering buying a new tree because our current one has gone a bit sparse. I wish we could have a real one but my DH is allergic to them There is nothing like the smell of a real tree, even if they are a pain to clean up!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

I started saying "It's almost Christmas!" to DH at the end of September.
    I love the whole season, from the build up to Halloween all the way through till all the Valentines stuff starts coming out.
    I hope one day I'll live somewhere (for at least one holiday season) that has snow and trees changing and all that. We don't get much of that in Los Angeles.
    But I do look forward to the rain! It hasn't rained in months and months, and I'm longing to hear it pound on the top of our new roof!
    I love making cookies and I adore Christmas music! And I just like the spirit and the lights (and the vacation!)
    DH said he won't listen to Christmas music with me until the 1st of November
    I've already picked out our Christmas cards and I'm looking forward to a great year!
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I'm hosting Christmas this year! I'm very excited as it's my first married Christmas and the first time most of my extended family will be in my home!

I love love love love Christmas! Even crazy Christmas shopping! I love the cold, the colors, the lights, the food, the get togetherness, everything! I can't wait to buy my first tree!

Oh I just got so excited!
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14