Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annersley?

Question Annersley?

I used to be really crazy about school stories a couple of years ago (still like them), especially those set in boarding schools. Anyway, one of the more obscure series' I devoured was the Chalet School series by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer, and those books had a character - a teacher - named Miss Annersley. I've never heard of the name anywhere else, and I really like it. I guess it counts as a surname name, like Kennedy or Connelly, so why not Annersley (also, it lends itself really easily to nns like Anna, Annie etc)? What do you think?

I have a feeling I also read those books... though I don't remember the teacher. I can't imagine Annersley as a first name though.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Annersley is just bad. I just hear Anna in a twangy accent with the very tired and trendy -ley ending tacked on for good measure.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I agree that "Anner" sounds like Anna with a twangy, overly strong accent. I like the idea of the name, though. What about the surname Annesley?
    Wren (03.08), Estella (05.10), Blair (10.11), and Yves (12.13).

I do not like Annersly. It sounds like someone wanted to use Ainsley or Annie or something but accidentally hit a few extra letters on the keyboard... Cool name, but not for a first. Sorry :/