Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    @corelni-thanks for sharing your list! we definitely have similar taste. i'm envious! wish dh would agree to genevieve too! but he's concerned with the nn jennie. do you get that a lot? what do you call her? i love vivienne but cant get dh on board with that. i also like ruby but he doesn't. Eloise was on our list for a long time but we were concerned with nn ellie, and dh is very particular about it being pronounced "el-oh-eese" and not "el-oh-eeze." funny you had ines on your list--DH LOVES this name and has been trying to convince me to go with it. do you think it has the same style as lila and nora? i feel like it's more ethnic, and less vintage. i'm going to bring marielle to him. so pretty!

@goodkarmavt-thanks! i'm happy to hear you like our names! i love your suggestions, but dh has vetoed most of them. he is so so picky! i like margaret (LOVE maisie), adore sylvie and esme but all were vetoed by dh. =(

@adriturner-how funny that you vetoed maeve for the same reason! i haven't heard many other people mention it. and we have similar taste because dh is trying to convince me to go with shea! can i ask what you ended up naming baby #1? i'm going to bring mirabelle to DH. He's already vetoed vivian, which i love. we considered laurel, but it is a nature name and we wanted to use a different first letter from our other daughters.

@boyandgirl-i love sylvie! DH doesn't. =(

@jewelplanet-never considered beth! i love elizabeth though...

@emilyva-thanks! we considered eve because i love evie (pronounced eh-vie) but were worried it was too biblical? ada doesn't sound good with our surname. love esme but dh thinks it "sounds like pig latin." i adore rosemary but you're right dh doesn't like that it's a food. thank you for the advice about making a "pro" list. the problem has been all of our contenders have cons to each of us. they just happen to be the only names we are both ok with. we haven't come across any names we both love... so i was hoping to find some fresh ideas we may both fall in love with.

thanks for all the thoughtful input! it's very helpful!

Hi! Here's what came to mind, i think another vintage-y, short name would go best with Lila and Nora:
    (sorry for any repeats!)

Edith
    Eve
    Pearl
    Maude
    Kathleen (not short I know!)
    Joy
    Fay/Fae
    Joan
    Elsie
    Blythe
    Ruth
    Lois
    Alice
    Evelyn
    Rita
    Edna
    Maple
    Myrtle
    Mabel
    Mae
    Stella
    Hattie (Harriet)
    Erma
    Hilda
    Inez

@mimi20-I had Ines on my list because I have a thing for French names (it is a top 10 name in France) and I just love how it sounds. I do think it is more international then Lila and Nora and as far as vintage it's usage in the US peaked in 1910 so I do think it qualifies

We call our Genevieve "Evie or Eve" and we have never had anybody call her Gen or Jennie. People always follow our lead on what to call her but she is not quite two yet so we will see what happens in school, though my older daughter started kindergarten this year and they asked the kids what they want to be called and the name or nickname they (and you) pick is used by everybody there (example her best friend is a Margaret that goes by Maggie and all her school work, role call everything is under Maggie). I was a little worried about that issue when I chose the name but so far it has never even come up. I think it is so common now for people to have a very specific nickname they go by that people are used to accepting that.

I am surprised the biblical thing bothers you. It's hard to tell who is religious or atheist on here. I somehow got the impression you're religious/andChristian/Judeao something. I think Jade is still a nice choice, and I think Eve could work for non-religious family especially when the other siblings don't have particularly biblical names. (So could Miriam or Ruth even)
    I also still think Sarai is a cool choice.
    Here are some "New" ideas (although most of the suggestions I made were not made before)
    Evelyn
    Gwen (either on it's own or as a nickname0
    Evelina
    Seren
    Vida
    Vivian
    Jayne
    Helen/Helene nn Nell
    Faye
    Collette
    Bonnie
    Lacey
    Robin
    Tress
    Topaz
    Reese

Good Luck!

Update! Thanks to all the berries-you helped us to find two names we both love! I ran all your suggested names by dh last night and we have two new top contenders that we love-
    I'm so excited!

Our short list is now:
    Mabel (nn maisie)
    Beatrice (dh likes nn Trixie but I'm still
    looking)
    Mirabel/Mirabelle (nn Miri)

Any thoughts, votes, or new suggestions? Which goes best with sisters Lila and Nora?

Thanks so much!!