Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Unofficial volleyball player over here! I love volleyball with a passion, but I don't have the time to be on an organized team. I enjoy jump spiking (preferably into my opponent's face ) and underhand serving. My overhand serve sucks. So yep, that's about it
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

Hey guys! sorry I didn't check back sooner, but I'm so glad to hear from some other VBlovers.
    @Catalina: I also like running, though I can't do xcountry because it's the same season as volleyball. I wish I was tall! So jealous. I'm only a little over five foot, so I'm rather short. By default, that means I got drafted to back row, haha. Which isn't bad, I like passing. I can't imagine playing at the net. :$.
    @kala_way: Wow seven years under your belt! And a hitter! I really admire hitters. Since I'm always passing, I can't imagine having such precise timing when jumping to hit the ball just right. Just awe-inspiring. My BFF is the setter on our team. (She Irish, so naturally she's an Irish setter. tee hee)
    As far as liberos, I suppose it's not as glamorous as it might sound. Basically, I wear a different color, and I am the designated passer on the team, the one who can (supposedly) always get the ball right to target, and dig up the hardest hits. Liberos have the privilege of going in at any time for anyone in the back row. So, like if there is another player in back row that isn't much of a passer, the coach will send me in temporarily. In my most normal rotation, I go in for the middles when they hit back row. So I play almost constantly. Theoretically, the only difference between a DS and libero is that the libero has been ranked slightly above the DS in skill. Technically, I say my position is DS, though because it's not always guaranteed each season that I'll be libero. Sorry, that was long winded but when I start writing I can't stop. As for beach volleyball, the closest I've come is my friend's sand court at her house, but I doubt that's realistic. I've never actually played on a beach, or a proper beach court. (in pro beach vb, isn't the sand like feet deep?). But I'd love to try beach! Oh, and jump serve? Yeah....no.

Lonestar: yay, another libero! Any valuable passing advice for a high schooler? And no way, I played soccer too! That started as my main sport, til seventh grade when I started volleyball. I juggled both for one season, then chose volleyball. Sometimes I miss soccer, though. But there's really no going back now, when all that's left is senior year. by the way, do you think you could coach our team, lol? We all really despise our coach. Like passionately.

Em: That's great that you still play! Don't worry, you'll get the hang at your overhand serve eventually. The toss is key.
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Hi fellow volleyball players!
    I've played for 4 years now, always as a middle hitter/blocker. I'm in my 3rd year of club, and I play on the JV team at school (I'm a freshman, for those who are curious).

Volleyball is my life, my escape, my passion, my love. It's basically all I do win my free time, all my friends are volleyball teammates from some point in my life. It's great to see so many others who love it too! Best sport in the world!

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Hi Jules! Good to hear from such a dedicated volleyball player! You must be tall if you play middle! I'm jealous.
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by larkub101 View Post
    @kala_way: Wow seven years under your belt! And a hitter! I really admire hitters. Since I'm always passing, I can't imagine having such precise timing when jumping to hit the ball just right. Just awe-inspiring. My BFF is the setter on our team. (She Irish, so naturally she's an Irish setter. tee hee)
    As far as liberos, I suppose it's not as glamorous as it might sound. Basically, I wear a different color, and I am the designated passer on the team, the one who can (supposedly) always get the ball right to target, and dig up the hardest hits. Liberos have the privilege of going in at any time for anyone in the back row. So, like if there is another player in back row that isn't much of a passer, the coach will send me in temporarily. In my most normal rotation, I go in for the middles when they hit back row. So I play almost constantly. Theoretically, the only difference between a DS and libero is that the libero has been ranked slightly above the DS in skill. Technically, I say my position is DS, though because it's not always guaranteed each season that I'll be libero. Sorry, that was long winded but when I start writing I can't stop. As for beach volleyball, the closest I've come is my friend's sand court at her house, but I doubt that's realistic. I've never actually played on a beach, or a proper beach court. (in pro beach vb, isn't the sand like feet deep?). But I'd love to try beach! Oh, and jump serve? Yeah....no.
    Irish Setter, that's funny

I admire the commitment of a great DS. I don't spend much time on the ground and though I'm a solid passer, I'm always amazed by those who can not only dig everything but get it perfectly to the setters hands. As a setter, I greatly appreciated my good DS's. Made my job 100x's easier.

Yea, the depth of the sand depends. I live in Southern California so our sand is super deep. Jumping is tough and moving quick is a challenge as well. We always laugh when we watch the "beach" circuit of pros on TV and see them in the middle of the country somewhere and they've obviously just poured a couple truckloads of sand down and called it a beach court. If you can see the tops of their feet and their toes, it's hardly a beach court. When they're sweeping the sand with their feet to have a level base, when you sink to your ankles practically, and your feet are burning from the heat of the sand....that's a beach court.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin