Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Our short list! Help!

Baby due in about 4 weeks. We are southern so keep that in mind(lots,of last names used as first name here) his middle name will be David. Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with W and ends in Y. Siblings names are William Warren "Will" and Elle Alexandra (Elle pronounced like Elle McPherson)

Wright(my favorite)
    Rex(DH favorite)

Let me know your opinions!

London, England
    Andrew if nn Drew, Will, Elle and Drew would be super cute. If not, I kind of like Rex. Will, Elle and Rex sounds nice. Good luck!

Phoenix, AZ
    I like them all, don't really think you can go wrong. Having a William and a Wright could get confusing around the house, but that may not be an issue for you. I like Barrett David its different and flows well; that would probably be my choice. Best of luck!

Wright- kinda cool, but he might always be "right" about everything... So not my favorite on your list.
    Rex- I think T Rex. Very masculine, but not sure David sounds that great with it. Rex David sounds kind of choppy.
    Andrew- love this with your other two kids! Maybe nn Drew?
    Lincoln- again, cool.. But might like better as a mn. Not crazy about Linc as a nn.
    Barrett- I like this one, too. Bear is a cute nn.

Los Angeles
    both Will and Elle are sleek, formal, no-nonsense, 1-syllable names.

Andrew & William are the closest match in terms of being timeless, popular, classic boys' names.

Wright has the formal monosyllabic thing going on, but I do worry about the 'right' homonym.

Rex is fun-- any little boy, once he starts leaning about dinosaurs, will think this is the coolest name around, especially once he learns it means 'king.' However, I think it's too dramatic, too dashing, and makes Will's name in particular look bland. It could lead to jealousy between the brothers.

Lincoln & Barrett are similar; both are formal surnames that wear well into adulthood, and both have zippy 1-syllable nicknames. However, Will & Elle share a prominent 'L' sound, which Lincoln also has (2 Ls, like the siblings). Barrett sounds a bit heavier and mouthier next to them.

For those reasons, my vote would be for Lincoln David, nn Link. Good luck and congratulations!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Hyacinthe * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq