Names Searched Right Now:

5. ____________ and Addison

Genre of Story: Romance, Fiction

Time period/Location: This story starts in the 80s and then skips to now. It takes place in a small town in Michigan.

Brief plot: There is a boy (_________) and girl (Addison) who live in a small town together. They become best friends and then as they grow up, their lives head in very different directions. They don't drift apart much but Addison gets married and has a family. But when she is in her forties, her husband dies in an accident and she and _________ enter into an unconventional marraige. For some reason reading over this now, this plot description sounds way cheesier than it is. I promise.

Character description: So I had picked Max as the name but I am just not loving it anymore. This character is the most important character in this story and his name will also be in the title so it has to sound good with Addison. He calls her Addison but everyone else calls her Addie. He is a christian. He is confident. He is brilliant. He isn't mentally ill, although most people think that he is. He's just extremely socially awkward. He is also an artist. He loves old music. Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Cole Porter are some of his favorites. His most prominent trait is that he is mysterious.

It is driving me nuts that I can't come up with a good name that fits him. So please give me your thoughts on Max and some suggestions of a name that you think fits his character. Thank you!

I personally like Max, but here are some other ideas since that doesn't seem to work. I've starred my favorites -

Jeffrey 'Jeff'
    Leo
    Jason*
    Emery
    Roan*
    Dylan
    James*
    Grant
    Weston
    Wilder*
    Sam - Samson, Samuel*
    Simon*

Hope that helped!

And, I know this is weird, but could you do me a favor and help me out with my latest naming crisis? http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...e)-Knox-family
    I'd really appreciate it.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Simon
    Leo
    Gabriel
    James
    Daniel
    Benjamin (ben)
    Jackson (jack)
    Luke or luca
    Nathaniel (nathan/nate)

Hmmm... how about...
    Evan and Addison
    Robert or Robin ("Rob") and Addison
    Lorenzo and Addison
    James ("Jim") and Addison
    Martin and Addison
    Matthew ("Matt") and Addison
    Christopher ("Chris") and Addison

Since you're not too keen on Max anymore, can you identify what it is that you used to like about Max? (Or even identify why you don't like it so much any more?) That might help you out in choosing the right name for this character.

Best of luck!!
    ~ Kitra
    wife, (step)mom, angel mommy, grandmother-to-be, writer, eclectic Pagan, believer in fairies and angels, all-around dork

In process of writing The Sacred Roses series (working title).

AnnLouise Marie - (step)daughter
    Samantha Jane - "adopted" daughter

Kaitlyn Leandra - angel daughter

Teagan Pax - angel son

Chaz Chamness - angel (step)son
    Granddaughter on the way! Anny is pregnant! Est. due date 21Jul2014!

Hmm. Okay, here are my personal male name favorites:

(For most of these, if they're a nickname, I didn't bother to put the full name unless it isn't a mainstream nickname/name)

Drew
    Josh
    Jake
    Will
    Simon
    Beckett nn Beck
    Scott
    Markus/Marcus nn Mark/Marc
    Jack
    Alex
    Anthony
    Rory