Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I love Sparrow; its adventurous and full of fuel to fly.

Other names that make me feel of adventure:

Miles
    Atlas
    Sawyer
    Finnegan
    Seamus
    Sloane
    Somerled
    Wayman
    Waylon
    Arlo
    Fargo
    Gideon
    Atticus
    Dillon
    Patrick
    Caspian

I see you like Lysander, but you have a pet named Oleander (which is really cool btw); they sound very similar.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

So excited you liked some of them! Haha, writing a book! I'm contemplating writing a name blog though...

Ljosalfar is not that complicated really. First of all, you could do Ljosalf instead as Ljosalfar is plural. The L is basically silent, it's yoos-ahlf(-ahr). You should check out the Lanval story, Marie of France was one of the first (or maybe she was the first?) who wrote under her own name, not her husband's.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

You caught me in the middle of a post.

charlie: I somehow skipped you, apologies. Yes, nicknames are fine by us. I have lots of nicknames already planned for my munchkins.

liviajoan: Sparrow is the only way he could persuade me to love Damian. I went into that one kicking and screaming. Once I found a good middle I liked, Damian started growing on me. I now like it a lot. Hadn't noticed the double Ander ending in Lysander and Oleander. Evander has it, too. Yes, that's a problem I suppose, isn't it? Oleander isn't even a year old yet, so there's a good 20 years of life we still have to share. Not sure how the boys would feel having a middle so similar to the cat. They could love it or hate it. Will ponder it. I'm fond of a few sounds in names and find it hard to break out of it. Love the Or, Ora, Dora sound for girls, the Ion, Ian, En, In, An ending for boys. Sigh. Dillon is one I hadn't ever considered. The others are all on the list, have been eliminated, or are the names of a loved one. Thank you.

Ottilie: He speaks one language, so what seems simple enough to someone who speaks several is a stumble for him. I'm fluent in two (English/Spanish), and can grin my way through two others (Italian/Portuguese), and I've discovered the brain adjusts to letter combinations that aren't common (in English) much easier than someone who has only ever known one language. Anyway, the big news tonight is he finally said he's not really going for two middles. We went over a few of the girls and gave them one middle. I'm not separating Eilonwy and Snow, so the deal is he gives me Eilonwy as a first. We have over a year before there's an actual baby to name, so there's time for me to plead my case with a few combos I feel pretty strongly about keeping with two middles. We'll see. You should write that blog. I think you have a lot of interesting things to say about names.
    Last edited by redwoodfey; October 9th, 2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: added some stuff because of a post added while I was typing
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Well, one middle is great. Thora Silmariën is my favourite, and I'm excited to see Peregrin Hart in your signature. I'm such a stupidhead, I know not everyone speaks several languages. And I know the Scandinavian ones can be very tricky as there are so many unfamiliar sounds...

I'll let you know when my blog is up and running. Need a name first .
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Here's another vote for Caspian to stay!! Caspian Katlen is even less of a stretch than Kevin Katlen, and you've dreamed of the name your whole life. The reward outweighs the risk in my opinion. Perhaps a different middle would help? If I remember correctly, your combo was Caspian Llyr, and Caspian Llyr Katlen might be more tangled than Caspian Wilder Katlen or Caspian Frost Katlen (I swoon over Caspian Frost, btw…he would be on my list this instant if Hubs would agree). Just a thought!

I'm almost hesitant to suggest more ideas, because everyone else had such long fabulous lists and I don't know if I can think of anything off the cuff that you've never considered before. Can't hurt to try though

Sirius
    Ptolemy
    Orion
    Lucian / Lucius / Luciel
    Atreyu
    Melchior
    Samwise – why not? He was the bravest, strongest, and truest of the bunch!
    Archimedes
    Oberon
    Finbar – or Cormac or Diarmid or Bran, etc…anything from one of Juliet Marillier's books, to be honest!
    Sammael
    Tycho
    Morpheus
    Solomon – most people think it means wisdom, because of the wise king, but it actually means peace
    Rigel
    Merlin – nature reference, in addition to the legendary wizard
    Shiloh
    Phineas
    Alistair / Alasdair (nn Dare? <3)
    Soren
    Lycaon
    Tesla
    Sherlock
    Edward / Edmund
    Imriel
    Orson
    Kvothe – TELL ME you've read Name of the Wind. Swoon!
    Thoreau
    Baelfire (someone had to say it!)
    Asriel / Azriel

Bracken
    Sage
    North
    Silver
    Chinook
    Sylvester / Sylvestris – part of the Latin name for pine essential oil
    Magi
    Falcon
    Odyssey
    Drake
    Carpenter
    Onyx
    Kodiak (type of bear that always makes me think of Alaska)
    Oak
    River
    Thyme
    Night
    Hawthorn / Hawthorne
    Storm
    Basil
    Saga
    Cypress
    Mercury
    Balsam
    Fir
    Shade
    Briar
    Swift

I'll be back later to brainstorm combos. Looking forward to seeing your finished lists! With so many options, I know they'll be breathtaking.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu