Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I forgot two! I know that might be hard to believe when you look at my list (which is actually too long; I tried to edit a spelling mistake and when I corrected it (changed a s to a d) nameberry said there were too many characters, I had to shorten it. NB must've been sleeping when I posted...), but I did.

Ljosalfar: In Norse mythology there are dark elves (Dokkalfar) and light elves (Ljosalfar). Tolkien got inspiration for his creatures here, and Ljosalfar literally means light elves; ljos is light and alfar is elves. I think it would make a smashing middle.

Varini/Varin/Varni/Warren: the name of a very old Germanic tribe. They were slaughtered by the Franks around the 7th century, but the name is good and it means "to defend".

I also realised I didn't make any combos, but I will try and do some now:
    Peregrin Hart
    Peregrin Lyric
    Peregrin Ward

Peregrin Ivanhoe Hart
    Peregrin Thorondor Ward or Hart
    Peregrin Kestrel Gawain

Gwydion Hart
    Gwydion Earendil
    Gwydion Rune

Gwydion Earendil Hart
    Gwydion Caspian Hart
    Gwydion Wilder Hart

I will wait to do combos with mine until I know what you like... But I do think Ljosalfar would be smashing so...

Peregrin Ljosalfar Hart
    Gwydion Ljosalfar Hart

I'm really loving Hart for you, I think you must use it in one of your combos.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Can I just say I love all these names people are suggesting lol People are probably going to use a lot of nicknames tho

Posting in here so I can keep an eye on these ideas. Love your naming style! Quite a few of the names you listed are on my list too. I was raised in Alaska, don't live there now, but I've been trying to think of some good "Alaskan" names for my baby boy to be lately .

What about something Martin Buser style and use a town name, like Nikolai or Rohn?

Some other ones I've found during my search:
    Salix- latin name for Willow
    Sterling
    Lowell (Lowell point)
    Miller (millers landing)
    Fritz (fritz creek)
    Fox (fox river)
    Anderson
    Portage
    Bluff
    Thane (place in SE)
    Ward (ward cove SE)
    Knik
    Trapper (Trapper Creek)
    Gambell
    Clarence (Port Clarence)
    Alpine
    Ambler
    Thorne (Thorne Bay SE)
    Orca
    Paxson
    Ashton (Port Ashton)
    Hooper (Hooper Bay)
    Marshall
    Pilot (Pilot Station)
    Stikine (Stikine River)
    Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14

Lots of good names suggested! I won't do combos now as it's one of my husbands off days and I want to spend time with him, but I'll suggest some first names I think you'll love. I'll be honest and say I read everything but the whole name lists. I skimmed those. If I repeat anything that's on there, just skim over it. That boy in the picture is obviously a Jack.

Adventurous names I could see on that lovely boy (first for me but if they get too out there for you, middle):

Alastair
    Quillon
    Raphael
    Zephyr
    Blaise
    Artemus
    Felix
    Phoenix
    Ajax
    Perseus
    Belenus
    Taranus
    Llewellyn
    Owain
    Pryderi
    Uther
    Gunther
    Frey
    Vidar
    Ambrose
    Augustus
    Bastian
    Fritz
    Hugo
    Milo
    Justus
    Nico
    Willem
    Ivo
    Silvester
    Hawk
    Hakon
    Isidore
    Julius "Jules"
    Rainer
    Roland
    Tulio
    August
    Rune
    Viggo
    Odin
    Fife -- Which is a Scottish place name, not just a word
    Ramsey
    Rory
    Aramis
    Gareth
    Percival
    Tybalt

And for the record, I don't think Caspian Katlen is bad. It sounds like a cool super hero.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I only have a moment, but I wanted to pop in. Thanks for all the names, ladies! Let me go through them quickly.

louisa: Don't encourage me! Seriously, all I need is one person to see Caspian is fine with 'Katlen' and I'll convince myself it's the most perfect thing ever. I'm having a very hard time letting go of Caspian, but every time I say it with 'Katlen' it sounds off. Especially once I say it more than once. Ugh. Maybe it is okay? Dang it. I'm adding Corbett to the first names under consideration. I rather like it. It's different from most of my first names love, a little more abrupt and almost cowboy-ish. But I like it. It feels rugged and has a nice swagger. I'm adding Cairn, Cove and Bay to middle name options.

ottilie: oh my. As usual you're a sea of knowledge when it comes to names. I'm not kidding about writing that book, missy. I'd buy your name book before the ink was dry on the pages. Let's see. I won't go through and explain why I can't use the ones I can't use from your list. Just know that most of them I LOVE. Some are people/pets I know, others are characters in books I've written or plan to write, and ones like Ljosalfar for example are names I'd use if I were a single parent, but the mister has made it a rule that he has to be able to pronounce and spell the name without having to practice saying it. He barely let Eilonwy through, and only did so because I told him I'd pack my bags if he told me I couldn't have an Eilonwy. Haha! So the challenging spelling/pronunciation ones have to be names I am very passionate about and willing to fight to the death over. Also, I didn't know there was a word cap in our responses. Good to know!

From Nature, adding: Alder, Aquila, Fjord, Galingale, Isbre, Quest (yes, I love word names).

From Mythology, adding: Aegir, Boreas (I love the idea of this more than the sound however), Chiron, Finvarra, Njord, and Theron.

Legends, etc: Agravain, Bedivere, Galahad, Idris, Lanval (I haven't read it, will look it up), Oliver (I think SO said no to this, but it was first name spot, maybe he'll be okay with a middle).

Literature, etc: Aragorn (why not ), Birk (haven't read it, will read), Calidore, Edoras, Faramir, Ferdinand, Lyulf, Melynlas (hadn't ever considered this! thanks), Strider.

Combos: Peregrin Hart and Peregrin Ivanhoe Hart could be my Peregrin combo. Really loving it. Lyric works great in there, too. Gwydion is going to be a tough one for me, I think. He's right behind Caspian and Eilonwy in terms of how long I've been dreaming of a child with this name, so I'm very picky with what works with him. Gwydion may end up needing a thread of his own one of these days. Earendil does work, though. I like it. Gwydion Ljosalfar Hart is a dream! So won't go for it, I'm sure. Will ask, but I already know the look he's going to give me. Yes, Hart needs to be used, agreed.

tarah: awesome! Someone with some great Alaskan ideas. I'd be down with a town name if it had some meaning for us. We love Homer and Seward, for example, but as a name, they leave me a little cold. Wildrose on the girls side is a town name where SO's mother was born and raised (she's deceased), so that's an example of a town name that means something. Navarro and Philo are boys names that are also towns that have a ton of meaning to me. I'm adding, Fox, Thane, Knik (is that over the top, do you think? If you met a boy in Alaska with middle name Knik what would you think?), Alpine, Ambler, Thorne. Also, Byron, for the glacier. We had a magical day there when we were getting to know each other. Thank you!

dantea: Look at all those awesome names! Yes, the boy is very much a Jack, but my nephew has that name (well, a butchered spelling of it) but I can see him as a Pip, Damian, Desi/Des, Gwyn, Theo/Bear/Teddy, etc, no? Adding Quillon, Blaise, Felix, Taranus, Fritz, Ivo, Hawk, Rainer, Rune, Tybalt. Man, now I'm really questioning my elimination of Caspian. Maybe I'll do a poll, bec. that's two of you now that says it's okay. As with Ottilie's post, I'm not going to say why I can't use all the ones I can't. Love them all, but the others have mostly been used by other people or in my books.

Updated List:

First:

Damian Sparrow (this name is set)
    Desmond Lysander (?)
    Gwydion
    Peregrin Hart / Ivanhoe Hart (?)
    Theodore
    Conrad
    Corbett
    Tristan
    Caspian (???)

Middle: *starring the ones that I have a deep connection to, although nothing on here is a name that is without meaning for me*

Aegir
    Agravain
    Alder
    Alpine
    Ambler
    Aquila
    Aragorn
    Atlas
    Bay
    Bedivere
    Birk
    Blaise
    Boreas
    Byron*
    Cairn
    Calidore
    Caspian*
    Chiron
    Cove
    Earendil
    Edoras
    Evander
    Faramir
    Felix
    Ferdinand
    Finglas
    Finvarra
    Fjord
    Fox
    Fritz
    Frost
    Galahad
    Galingale
    Gawain
    Hart*
    Hawk
    Huckleberry*
    Hyperion
    Idris
    Isbre
    Ivanhoe
    Ivo
    Kester*
    Kestrel*
    Knik
    Lanval
    Llyr*
    Lyric
    Lysander
    Lyulf
    Melynlas*
    Navarro*
    Njord
    Odin
    Oliver
    Pendragon
    Philo*
    Quest
    Quillon
    Rainer
    Rune
    Story
    Strider
    Sylvan
    Taliesin
    Taranus
    Thane
    Theron
    Thorne
    Thorondor
    Tybalt
    Ward*
    Wilder
    Wolf
    Zephyr
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander