Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Emery Laine. What do you think about this for a girl's name?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it!

22 27.16%
  • Silly

46 56.79%
  • Other

14 17.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I just don't like it. I really dislike the name Emery. Lane is great in the middle. I would choose a different first name like:

Addie Lane
    Anna Lane
    Eliza Lane
    Ella Lane

I like both of these names a lot! My problem is that it is a little too unisex. Emery Elaine or Emily Laine maybe?! .

I also got memory lane from that. Not a fan.

Don't go there.

1) Emery Laine - Memory Lane. It feels like a joke, and I don't think anyone wants their name to be a joke. You even asked if it was memorable. Memorable, yes, but not in a good way.

2) Emery - Reminds me of emery boards, like nail files. It is unisex but sounds masculine to me.

3) Laine - It looks like the E is missing from Elaine. I would just use Lane. Also unisex, which isn't bad, but when both names are unisex, the gender can be ambivalent, which isn't something that everybody likes. As a girl with a masculine nickname, I can tell you it isn't always nice.

I would take some of the syllables in these names and move them around or switch out some letters so you have a name that doesn't sound like a pun.

Emma Elaine
    Evelyn Jane
    Elliott Mae
    Mary Elaine
    Waverly Mae
    Everly Jane
    Emily Jane

I really really like Everly and Elliott as substitutes for Emery, and Jane or Mae in place of Laine. Elaine can also sound so pretty, as with Emma Elaine. Good luck!

I didn't get the memory lane thing, but seeing other people's responses I do think that might be a concern. I still voted that I like it though
    I think Laine is a great middle name, maybe substitute Emery for something else? I know a little girl named Emerson. That may avoid the "memory lane" association. Just a thought