Names Searched Right Now:

Question 2. Naming the (very large) Knox family

I'm writing a story featuring a rather large, slightly peculiar family, and I need help naming them.

Genre - Fiction
    Time Period/Location - California, present.

Mother - Tall, middle-aged. Very dramatic, kind of pretentious, and can be judgemental at times, but a good woman at heart. Fond of Shakespeare and often performs in plays at parks and such. Red haired or blonde, brown eyes. I'm thinking Vivienne, but any other suggestions would be great.

Father - Cheerful, with a sense of humor and a particular fondness for bad jokes. Brown hair, has a beard. Blue eyes. Overprotective. Can get super embarrassing.

Children -

Boy1 - 18. Oldest of the lot, and very proud of that fact. Cheerful and easy going. Fair hair, blue/brown eyes.
    Girl1 - 17. Kind and friendly, but more responsible than Boy1. Tends to worry a lot. Fair hair.
    Girl2 - 14. Loud and reckless, the kind of person who says the first thing that comes to mind. Argumentative. Red hair, brown eyes. Adopted.
    Boy2 - 15 in the story, but he's really only about 5 months older than Girl2. Brown hair. More sensible than his Girl2. Big appetite, but skinny. Reads a lot. Sarcastic wit. Good at video games and running track. Brown hair, glasses. Adopted.
    Girl3 - 14. Shy and quiet. Doesn't have a lot of friends, but she's a sweet girl. Straight brown hair and brown eyes.
    Girl4 - 12. Rebellious and bad-tempered, aggressive. Loyal and not the kind to be messed with. Despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that they have similar personalities, she and Girl2 don't get along much and argue pretty all the time. Curly blonde hair, blue eyes.
    Boy4 - 10. The underling of the gang. Gets nervous easily, timid. Very into superheroes and their comics.movies, as well as fantasy (Harry Potter, LOTR). Brown hair that's always messy, glasses. Short for his age. Gets bullied at school, but he doesn't tell anyone about it - stoic. Adopted.

I was originally going with classic names, but I figured that with Mrs. Knox's personality, she'd probably pick names that were, well, not as well-tooted as classics, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!
    Last edited by calypsotheoneandonly; October 7th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

The mother reminds me of a Sim I once had, heh. Her name was Binky, short for Belinda, and her kids were Oberon (nn. Oby), Ophelia and Oliver. (I don't know why she suddenly went conservative on the youngest, maybe her husband Justin put his foot down and said no to Orsino and Orlando.)

I'd steer away from Vivienne with Knox because those are the names of Angelina Jolie's twins.

Thank you for your suggestions to me for a name to go with Addison. I really liked Leo. I hope these help you:

Mom- Wynona, Frieda, Nadine, Ingrid, Dorthea, Selma, Regina, Trinity, Diana, and Cornelia

Father- David, Daniel, Alec, Jordan, Adam, Ralph, Christian, Rufus, Eugene, and Jesse

Boy 1- Christopher, Adrian, Thomas, Josiah, Raymond, Evander, and Leeland

Girl 1- Alice, Victoria, Maeve, Zoella, Annalie, Suvi, Clementine, Opal, Nella, and Rosella

Girl 2- Mallory, Adele, Anette, Julia, Zella, Teela, Arabella, and Izobel

Boy2- Mateo, Abner, Lars, Henry, Linus, Chase, Benjamin, and Fletcher

Girl 3- Nylah, Mavis, Alexandrina, Margaret, Willie, LeighAnn, Dylan, Viletta, and Reagen

Girl 4- Alva, Sabinie, Ainsley, Charlotte, Eleni, Sandra, Kyli, Jocelyn, Emerie, and Aliya

Boy 4- Griffin, Todd, Rodney, Riley, Walter or Walden, Levi, and Abram

Looking through these descriptions and finding names for them is really fun. I hoped this helped you. This sounds like it will make a very entertaining story. Good luck!

Thanks so much, you really have helped. I'm definitely going with either Nadine or Regina for the mum, and the dad is Adam., no contest I'm also using Christopher, Rosella, Abram, and possibly Arabella (provided I can find a good nickname for it). Thanks again for the help!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam