Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on an unusual name I heard recently?

I recently went to a visit a friend who had her baby (a boy named Marcus Alexander after his maternal grandfather, very cute and sweet and tiny little man) and the little boy in the cubby/crib thing next to him was named Valek which has grown on me
    I've never heard of it before I was wondering if anyone else had and what they thought of it?
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

I have friend Marcus who's in his 20s.

Marcus Alexander is actually quite a lovely combo.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I know I think it's great but the name I was talking about being unusual and one I'd never heard was Valek
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

Is it Polish or Russian? It's lovely.

That's what I was wondering, I think it sounds Russian or Polish or something like that but I'm not sure.
    I don't know the parents or anything, on the little cribs for the babies it has "Hello world! My name is _______ I was born on _______ at ______ and my parents are ________ (they're all kind of cute little forms)
    I think the parents names were maybe Peyla/Peya/Pela/Payla I'm not positive on that and the fathers name I think was Scott or Sam or something beginning with an S
    Valek is the only name that stuck with me off the card which I noticed because he was born on the same day as Marcus and they were next to each other