Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Pick our daughter's name!

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cecily

25 31.25%
  • Margaret (Margot)

18 22.50%
  • Clara

37 46.25%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Down to Three -- Help Us Choose!

Reposted this with a poll!

DH and I are expecting our first, a girl, in February. We've narrowed down to three options. We plan on tackling the middle names (we'd like two) once we've settled on the first name. Our surname begins with "M" and is two syllables ending in "-er." Please weigh in!!! Thanks

Cecily
    Margaret (Margot)
    Clara

Note that for Margaret the plan would be to call her Margot from the get-go, so she'd never really be know by Margaret unless she chose to go by that later in life.
    Expecting our first February 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by alp249 View Post
    Reposted this with a poll!

DH and I are expecting our first, a girl, in February. We've narrowed down to three options. We plan on tackling the middle names (we'd like two) once we've settled on the first name. Our surname begins with "M" and is two syllables ending in "-er." Please weigh in!!! Thanks

Cecily
    Margaret (Margot)
    Clara

Note that for Margaret the plan would be to call her Margot from the get-go, so she'd never really be know by Margaret unless she chose to go by that later in life.
    I voted Clara.

All three our lovely even though I am thinking concerning Margaret/Margot why not just use Margot?! Anyway despite all three being great I prefer Clara, she's a lovely, elegant name, and has this beautiful bluesy sound. I really love Clara!

: )

Thanks, Tori! I'm having such a hard time deciding, we're considering waiting until DD is born to see what looks more like her.

Regarding Margot instead of Margaret, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of using a name that originated as a nickname for a fuller name (that still happens to be in use). Although Margot can stand alone at this point, I'd prefer to give her a moniker that isn't directly derived from another name... good point though and one we've definitely considered...
    Expecting our first February 2014.

I voted for Clara! Simple, pretty, elegant, classic.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

I voted for Clara: I think it's absolutely gorgeous, understated and elegant. However, I would definitely consider using Margot as the full name: I know at least two Margots and I have never considered it as a nickname (in fact, I think I would find it quite odd as a nickname for Margaret). Best of luck!
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *