Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this cruel?

Every Charlotte I've ever known goes by Lottie or Charlie, mostly Charlie.

If your last name was Chocolatefactory I would beg you to be cautious. But I think you're safe.

I've def never heard Carrie as a nickname for Charlotte. I love Lottie! I have a distant great great Aunt who was named Lottie and always wanted to use it but my husband said no. Lottie Carys sounds great as does Charlotte Carys.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I've never heard of Carrie as a nn for Charlotte either--- definitely Charlie and Lottie though. I think Charlotte C@rys and Lottie C@rys would be lovely.

Charlotte Carys is Fine

I think that Charlotte Carys is a beautiful name and that it would not be like naming a child William Williams. Also I've never heard a Charlotte been called Carrie. My grandmother's name is Charlotte but for some reason she goes by Charlene. The only two nicknames that I know that are used for Charlotte are Charlie and Lottie, so I think it wont be cruel to name your daughter that.

Charlotte Carys actually sounds very nice, as does Lottie Carys. I've met quite a few Charlottes, nicknamed Charlie/Char, Lottie, Chary, and the most interesting, Chiara.
    ~Mehri