Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is this cruel?

Hybrid View

Is this cruel?

One of my top girl's names from the time I was in elementary school has been Charlotte with the nickname Lottie after a childhood hero. I've never even considered any other nicknames for my potential future Charlotte. However, I was horror struck when updating my name combo idea list with my new husband's last name, Carys (pronounced to rhyme with Harris) that people might call our Charlotte, Carrie Carys. This seems an awful thing to do, like when parents name their kids William Williams or things like that. I still love Charlotte though and would never consider using any nickname other than Lottie. so my question is what do you all think, is this cruel or just an unfortunate coincidence?

I have never heard of any Charlotte who went by Carrie! It's not cruel- totally safe. There is no intuitive nn for Charlotte if you ask me, besides maybe Char. So if you want her to only be Charlotte or Lottie, that shouldn't be hard to accomplish. I wouldn't worry! And Lottie Carys actually sounds super cute

Every Charlotte I've ever known goes by Lottie or Charlie, mostly Charlie.

If your last name was Chocolatefactory I would beg you to be cautious. But I think you're safe.

Quote Originally Posted by katemcnamelover View Post
    I have never heard of any Charlotte who went by Carrie! It's not cruel- totally safe. So if you want her to only be Charlotte or Lottie, that shouldn't be hard to accomplish. I wouldn't worry! And Lottie Carys actually sounds super cute
    I agree. I've found Carly to be a huge stretch for Charlotte, and Carrie even moreso. I can't imagine you'd ever have to worry about having a little Carrie Carys, but that's just me, I suppose. I think Lottie Carys is adorable!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I've never heard of Carrie as a nn for Charlotte either, just Char and Lottie. I think it's a pretty name, go for it!