Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A brother for Priya & Theo

I am very happy to announce we welcomed our son this week past and named him Florin Frederick. He joins Priya Grace and Theo Mabini

I posted during his pregnancy how I would like to use a name with a nod to the Princess Bride (my favourite book & film) and Florin was an option I was considering. I got some great feedback on that thread and Florin only continued to grow on me for reasons outside of it's Princess Bride connection. I love the meaning (flower; flourishing) and loved that the Florin was a coin minted in Australia. We are Australian and my dad did his apprenticeship at the Australian Mint so I remember him telling me stories about coins as a child.

Frederick was my grandfathers name and I wanted to honour him and my mum and Nana by using it. Plus, we thought he might then get the nickname Freddie which we wouldn't mind. He actually reminds me of my grandfather too with a big round face and dimples The meaning 'peaceful ruler' also added to its appeal.

Thank you so much for all the feedback and help I had during the choosing process. I love nameberry <3

You can see a photo of him if you're interested at documentingdelight . com - he was pleasantly huge weighing 5.2kgs / 11lbs 4oz!

Congratulations & best wishes!
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

Wow, small world! I saw your baby announcement on my FB because a friend of mine commented on it, and I thought about making a post about Florin Frederick. I love the name, and the baby picture I saw was beyond adorable. Grats.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Congratulations! Wow he sure is a big boy with a lovely name!

Congratulations! Florin Frederick is a stunning name!
    ~Cara

Alice, Amélie, Audrey, Cosima, Eleanor, Isadora, Lucie, Lydia, Ophelia, Rose, Scarlett, Stella
    Alistair, Arthur, Casper, Charles, Marius, Nicolas, Oscar, Perceval, Theodore, Victor, Vincent, Xavier

GPs: Aoife, Artemis, Arwen, Guinevere, Hecate, Iphigenia, Musichetta, Nyx, Olive, Philomena, Wendy, Xanthe, Zenobia / Cecil, Chester, Crispin, Hamish, Lucius, Lysander, Magnus, Seamus