Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If I had to choose between Poet and Icy on the "useable" scale, Poet would be more useable to me than Icy, but I'd honestly prefer neither. I would strictly keep them for middle or second middles and maybe consider some other names as first name options.
    -
    Instead of Icy, I would love to suggest:
    Oakley or Oaklyn
    Robin or Raven
    Oriole or Lark or Larkin
    Jay or Carden
    Kai/Kye, Sky, or Zinnia-Or Zephyr
    Willow or Meadow
    Sierra, Sienna, Gemma, or Grey
    Juno/Juneau, Olympia
    Ivy, Ivory, Ebony, Iris, Hyacinth, or Juniper
    August, Augusta, Avril, January, or Mae
    Oleander, Soleil, Solstice, Park, Parker, Parklin, or Cypress
    Gemini, Aries, June, Junia, or Quincy
    Raina, Autumn, Coral, or Lillian or Lilac
    Pearl, Garnet, Merit, Malachite, Olympia, or Sedona
    Cheyenne, Atlanta, India, Asia, Demaris/Demarys(lover of the earth and fruitful increase, dah-mair-iss*
    Ashlyn, Ashland, Aura, Aurielle, Aqua, Amber, Ember, Emberley, Emery, or finally, Jade or Jada

If you must absolutely use Icy for a first name, here are my ideas:
    Icy Corinne
    Icy Madelyn
    Icy Marion
    Icy Aubrielle
    Icy Chrysanthemum -probably too much of a mouthful
    Icy Ophelia -I agree that this could work
    Icy Jodelle
    Icy Noelle
    Icy Coralyn

I think Icy works best as a nickname for Isis, and Isis Ophelia would be stunning! Although Isis is not a word name, I think she also pairs beautifully with sister Poet.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I see a lifetime of 'no, not Lacey...'. Plus the nn Fridgid. How about Imogen Clara and the nn Icey?
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

@bellerose- thanks for replying! I am so so pleased that you love the names and the suggestions are great especially Felicity and Elektra.
    @mia42-Adelaide is a cool name and one that I could warm to.
    @opheliaflora- I do love the name Ophelia I have to admit and Violet is so lovely too! Thanks.
    @cristinamariane and @sleepysessha- Thanks for the Isis comments, I do like that name actually. And I am very pleased that you like Poet!
    @ashleyjuliette- Wow, loads of suggestions there! I like Meadow, Aries, Cypress, Merit, Atlanta (prefer Atlantic though) and I'm glad you think that Icy Ophelia could work
    @norbury- I hadn't thought of the initials and a nn of Icy, that has opened a whole new perspective so thanks so much!X
    Eulalie (Ireland) Della
    Stella Peony
    Myrtle Posey
    Margot Evening

Lysander James
    Oberon

I totally agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by opheliaflora View Post
    Is it usable: yes.
    Will she get comments on her name: definitely.
    Will people make jokes: probably.

To me it sounds very much like "I see".

Personally I'm not too fond of the name, as it is not a "word name" to me but only a word. However that's my opinion. Poet while not my style, I find it kind of pretty and way more usable - it's less "weird".
    and second this suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by norbury View Post
    Plus the nn Fridgid. How about Imogen Clara and the nn Icey?