Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Jessamy/Jessamine?

What is your impression of the names Jessamy and Jessamine? Which do you prefer, and why? Do you get a different "vibe" from one versus the other? Thanks so much.

Jessamine is a variant of Jasmine and Jessamy is a variant of Jessamine. Confused yet? I like Jessamine but then I like many nature names (Juniper is another fave). The flower is quite pretty. I also like Jasmine but it's much more popular than Jessamine. To me, Jessamy just looks like a smoosh of the names Jess and Amy so it's less appealing. Jessamine sounds more serious and grown-up. Jessamy is more girlish and spunky.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Mischa- I understand what you're saying. This all rings true to me. It's wonderful to to hear someone else's perspective besides my own thoughts! I love the pretty yellow jessamine flower, and I told my husband that Jessamine sounds refined, delicate, antique, serious... (and yes, grown-up) while Jessamy, to me, has more of a cheerful girl-next-door vibe. But I wasn't sure if that was just me. I hadn't thought at all about Jessamy looking like Jess and Amy. Thanks!

I would love to hear others' perspectives, even if they are totally different!

Another question I did not think to add... What nicknames could be used? I think it is inevitable that these long names be shortened, and the most natural will be Jess or Jessie. I'm not quite sure how I feel about those. Also I thought of Jessa (which I kind of like) and Mina or Minnie (which I don't.) Any others?

Also... (I keep thinking of more questions!) What sibling names do you imagine? Boys or girls. I'm finding it hard to think what sort of sibling names would be the same style. Or maybe you would like to just say what style or category you think these names fit in?

I like both names. I can see Jem or Mimi as nicknames.