Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Let's Talk About Madeleine!

I'm going through my list and would really love to hear individual thoughts on the names I adore, but haven't quite made my short list.

Madeleine has been a huge favorite of mine in the past, but I didn't think that I could see myself using it because of the popularity of it. But lately I've thinking of how much I do love it and I wouldn't mind using it even if it was extremely popular because it would honor my grandmother. There are so many different misspellings of it, but I just can't let go of this name. Maddaelyne...*shakes head*

What sort of person do you picture with the name?
    What is your preferred spelling/pronunciation: Madeleine or Madeline?
    Is Leni too masculine/unattractive of a nickname?
    What are your thoughts and opinions on it?
    Because of it's popularity would you use a more unusual name for the middle?

Thanks, Berries!

I like two middle names. My favorite combination with two middles is Madeleine Louisa Pearl. I also like just Madeleine Pearl and Madeleine Louisa. I do like Maddie, but have been thinking about Leni recently.

Previous names: Louisa and Katarina.

Madeline PRONOUNCED: MAD-ə-lin (English), MAD-ə-lien (English), ma-də-LEEN (French), mad-LEEN (French)
    Madeleine PRONOUNCED: ma-də-LEN (French), mad-LEN (French), MAD-ə-lin (English), MAD-ə-lien (English)
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Could you check out this thread? I'll return the favor. Link
    Girls | Combos | Boys

I like Madeleine (this spelling) but like you I think it's too on-trend and so very popular right now. I'd like it if it wasn't so shiny and the luster wore off just a bit. The first thing I associate it with is the cookie and then the fictional character. Leni would not be the first nickname that comes to mind. Maddie would be it.

I would not pair it with Louisa since it seems like way two many syllables: 3-3-(last name). Honestly, I love Louisa since it hasn't been in the top 1000 for awhile now and it's definitely a yet to be revived classic. It's is simply so chic. I'd prefer it for a first name over Madeleine though.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Yeah I worried about that combination having too many syllables. So many of my favorites are more than two syllables.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Auntie to Q | Momma to a kit named Zola Bastet
    Could you check out this thread? I'll return the favor. Link
    Girls | Combos | Boys

I think its great but also hate the popularity which busy my bubble at first. I like the Lynn sound endingng rather than line. I also love leni or linnie much more that maddie, I said lonnie but that's to far a stretch! Honestly if you love it, and esp if it would be a honor name of someone you love user it without question - it'd be special & the honor can give you justification if you need it.. use a more unique middle

What sort of person do you picture with the name? I picture the little storybook Madeline, or someone like her
    What is your preferred spelling/pronunciation: Madeleine or Madeline? I like the Madeline spelling, just because I feel like Madeleine would have so many people misspelling her name.
    Is Leni too masculine/unattractive of a nickname? IMO yes, sorry.
    What are your thoughts and opinions on it? I think it is very cute, especially as a middle name
    Because of it's popularity would you use a more unusual name for the middle? I probably would, but then again that's just my personal taste
    Mom to Dempsey, Jude, & Hudson
    Expecting a surprise this December