Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Let's Talk About Madeleine!

I'm going through my list and would really love to hear individual thoughts on the names I adore, but haven't quite made my short list.

Madeleine has been a huge favorite of mine in the past, but I didn't think that I could see myself using it because of the popularity of it. But lately I've thinking of how much I do love it and I wouldn't mind using it even if it was extremely popular because it would honor my grandmother. There are so many different misspellings of it, but I just can't let go of this name. Maddaelyne...*shakes head*

What sort of person do you picture with the name?
    What is your preferred spelling/pronunciation: Madeleine or Madeline?
    Is Leni too masculine/unattractive of a nickname?
    What are your thoughts and opinions on it?
    Because of it's popularity would you use a more unusual name for the middle?

Thanks, Berries!

I like two middle names. My favorite combination with two middles is Madeleine Louisa Pearl. I also like just Madeleine Pearl and Madeleine Louisa. I do like Maddie, but have been thinking about Leni recently.

Previous names: Louisa and Katarina.

Madeline PRONOUNCED: MAD-ə-lin (English), MAD-ə-lien (English), ma-də-LEEN (French), mad-LEEN (French)
    Madeleine PRONOUNCED: ma-də-LEN (French), mad-LEN (French), MAD-ə-lin (English), MAD-ə-lien (English)
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I like Madeleine (this spelling) but like you I think it's too on-trend and so very popular right now. I'd like it if it wasn't so shiny and the luster wore off just a bit. The first thing I associate it with is the cookie and then the fictional character. Leni would not be the first nickname that comes to mind. Maddie would be it.

I would not pair it with Louisa since it seems like way two many syllables: 3-3-(last name). Honestly, I love Louisa since it hasn't been in the top 1000 for awhile now and it's definitely a yet to be revived classic. It's is simply so chic. I'd prefer it for a first name over Madeleine though.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Yeah I worried about that combination having too many syllables. So many of my favorites are more than two syllables.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I think its great but also hate the popularity which busy my bubble at first. I like the Lynn sound endingng rather than line. I also love leni or linnie much more that maddie, I said lonnie but that's to far a stretch! Honestly if you love it, and esp if it would be a honor name of someone you love user it without question - it'd be special & the honor can give you justification if you need it.. use a more unique middle

What sort of person do you picture with the name? I picture the little storybook Madeline, or someone like her
    What is your preferred spelling/pronunciation: Madeleine or Madeline? I like the Madeline spelling, just because I feel like Madeleine would have so many people misspelling her name.
    Is Leni too masculine/unattractive of a nickname? IMO yes, sorry.
    What are your thoughts and opinions on it? I think it is very cute, especially as a middle name
    Because of it's popularity would you use a more unusual name for the middle? I probably would, but then again that's just my personal taste
    Mom to Dempsey, Jude, & Hudson
    Expecting a surprise this December