Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help naming a baby girl!!

Hello everyone, my name is Lauren I'm a mother to one beautiful little girl called Nova Leigh. We chose the name Nova because of its meaning. I was told that I'd probably never be able to have children so one daughter was a blessing, and we wanted to choose an extra special name with a beautiful meaning behind it. (We chose Leigh for her middle name because it was my maiden name before I got married).

I've recently found out I'm expecting again (miracle!) with another baby girl, and now we're completely stumped for names!!We want a name that's special and beautiful with meaning, and one that will be just as special as the name Nova. We wouldn't want our second daughter to feel like her older sister got the best name.

Our last name is Hamming, and we quite like the following names:

Lark
    Wren
    Olivia
    Georgia
    Luna (not sure about the lunatic teasing names etc.)
    Eve
    Effie
    Naomi
    Clark
    Peyton
    Isla
    Artemis
    Serena?

None of the names really shout out to my husband and I and they don't really have the 'Nova' wow effect we both had when we first found that name when we were expecting our first daughter..plus there's the meaning issues. If it's of any significance both my husband and I are tanned, black hair, green eyes. Literary names are most welcome as are myths etc. My family have Greek roots.

Thank you so much for any suggestions/comments on our name list!! x

From your list, I really like Naomi, Isla, and Serena with Nova.

What about Phoebe?
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

I'll try to stick to names that are beautiful with great meanings (only a few ended up being Greek):

Eliana (fantastic meaning - God Has Answered)
    Liberty
    Emberlin (beautiful flame/ember)
    Bliss
    Flora
    Aurora
    Leora
    Jewel
    Alexa
    Cassiopeia
    Lyric
    Zoe

Hope this helps. We're naming baby girl #3 so I know how hard it can be!

I love all of your suggestions thank you so much!!

I love Eliana, what a beautiful meaning! We've added Phoebe, Flora and Alexa (nickname Lexi) to our list.

Thanks again and good luck with the future xx