Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2. Dystopian Novel characters

Genre of Story: Sci-Fi

Time Period/Location: A space station in Earth's orbit, something like the year 3000. I haven't decided yet.

Brief Plot: A city existing soling in a space station orbiting Earth was created 200 years ago by a group of purists out to start the perfect race. Now, the last few generations of leaders have become more and more corrupt until they're using the population like cattle. They breed them and control every thing they do, eat, etc. Strict genetic control etc. Extreme cast system. Think Nazis and cannibals. Rebelling ensues when one man gets a glimpse at his leaders for the first time and sees how bad their situation really is.

Character 1:

Character Description: He's very large, larger than anyone else around. He's like 6'5 when most other men are made to be 6-6'2. He was a genetic anomaly. He's much more aggressive than usual (most everyone is calm most of the time, he's like a 15 yrs old with raging hormones) and can be violent. He's in the military so he's allowed to live, but he's watched carefully. He's a gunner. He's smart, but spontaneous.

Already Considered: I don't really have real names for him, but I've been calling him Tank. That's what he is, the tank.

Character 2:

Character Description: He's not as muscular as others, but he's a sniper and he doesn't need to be. He's tall and wiry and fast. He's very smart and a hacker (and it gets him in trouble). He's the closest thing this world has to a conspiracy theorist. If you've seen Serenity or Firefly, he reminds me of Mr. Universe in personality.

Already Considered: I don't really have real names for him, but I've been calling him Hawk Eye.

Anything else?: The other characters that are in his immediate life and Tevin, Leontine, and Tank (who needs a name).

Other names considered: For the book in general, I've toyed with these names (but none of them are right for the 2 boys):
    Girls:
    Zinovia, Uliana, Nephele, Sanziana.

Boys:
    Dimian, Spiridon, Cymbeline, Eirwyn

And I'm good with odd word names as there aren't any real naming convention here. They can do as they wish. There's a little girl in there named Blueberry, so anything like that goes also.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

"Tank"
    Cade
    Thor (too much?)
    Jed
    Marx
    Sloan
    Jacent (I believe I've made this name up. And I like it.)

"Hawk Eye"
    Alec
    Colt
    Shawn/Sean
    Luca

Oh, and don't have all your characters have hard to pronounce names. It gets hard to read...
    Some people are worth melting for.

May I ask which are hard to pronounce of the 2 that are actually named?

From your suggestions, I sort of like Luca and Jacent (Even if you did make it up). I feel like they don't go too well with the style of name these people have, but I like them.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Fun. I love scifi and dystopian.

Tank
    Botulf
    Rocco
    Tarquin
    Goronwy
    Madoc
    Leofric
    Narvik
    Vortigern

Hawk Eye
    Finbar
    Simkin
    Cadwyn
    Bedelune
    Ptolemy
    Tallis

Some of these may be made up.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I totally don't mind made up names as long as they're made up well. I've made up a lot of names for my books.

I LOVE Leofric. He needed a Leo name. Easy to say, makes you think of power. ^_^

For Hawk, I really love Simkin and Tallis. Simkin has this sort of cute quality that's just so weird for the character, and I like that. It's like an awkward name on him, something he wouldn't really like, so it adds some depth to him. ^_^

Thank! Now go give me some poetry to help me think of a title :P

Proud Mama to:
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014